Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Was in a center turn lane about to make a left turn. All of a sudden I get hit in the right back corner by a 2005 Cadillac driven by a 30 year old woman, who was on her cellphone. She was not paying attention and drifted into the center turn lane. The speed limit is 40 mph in this area. Her left front tire hit by back right tire. It pushed the the whole wheel assembly forward into the quarter panel. It even broke the brake line. To make matters worse, the registration was out on her car and no insurance. I'm feeling that it might be totaled.
What do you think?
The last picture was her car after they pulled it off of my car.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Damn, glad you're okay. Too bad she did not die in the crash though.

I have ZERO sympathy for uninsured, un licensed drivers and especially ones that are screwing with their phones. They should get decapitated on sight!
I agree with you. I'm just sore from the hit. She was taken to the hospital because her face hit the steering wheel.
She was acting really weird. Maybe drunk or on drugs.
I'm ok. Just sore all over from the hit. I did have a front facing dash cam that at least showed force of the impact.

·
Registered
2015 Challenger R/T Plus 8 Speed
7,602 Posts
Sue her. Take her house. No excuse for this.
Probably does not own anything. My sister-in-law was rear ended in her Chrysler 300 by a 20 something, wearing pajamas, texting, driving with a suspended license from a DUI and the car she was driving wasn't even hers and was not insured.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sue her. Take her house. No excuse for this.
I turned it over to my insurance. Uninsured motorist.
The car had paper plates that expired on 3/3/2021.
It also showed were the car was purchased. One of those tote the note places. I gave all the information to my insurance company.

·
Registered
2015 Challenger R/T Plus 8 Speed
7,602 Posts
I turned it over to my insurance. Uninsured motorist.
The car had paper plates that expired on 3/3/2021.
It also showed were the car was purchased. One of those tote the note places. I gave all the information to my insurance company.
"Tote the note", if that is the same as "Buy here, pay here" yeah that person has NOTHING because they have no credit to get anything and worst of all, they (people that buy there) do not make money. But it's someone else's fault that she failed at life.

·
Premium Member
2019 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack Shaker
283 Posts
I'd be surprised if its not totaled based on repair cost vs vehicle value (2017 R/T). If it were a Hellcat I could see it worth getting repaired, but I'm no expert. Sorry and good luck!

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
That's a pretty hard hit. My gut is it will total. Glad you are OK.

·
Premium Member
1,255 Posts
Glad you didn't get hurt. That's pretty bad. I agree, likely totaled. There should be jail time for people that cannot be responsible for damages they cause.

·
Registered
2016 Dodge Challenger R/T
14 Posts

I have ZERO sympathy for uninsured, un licensed drivers and especially ones that are screwing with their phones. They should get decapitated on sight!
Lol, that's some funny stuff.
been in 3-4 accidents now...none of which were my fault. Latest one in February was a young lady on her phone.

·
Registered
2121 Challenger Scat Pack
11 Posts

Bro, I get it, it sucks that this happened but at least no one was seriously hurt. But in no way should you be wishing death on someone else. Especially since you have no idea how this person was brought up and the lessons they were handed down in life.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Probably does not own anything. My sister-in-law was rear ended in her Chrysler 300 by a 20 something, wearing pajamas, texting, driving with a suspended license from a DUI and the car she was driving wasn't even hers and was not insured.
Sorry to hear that, but it happens a lot here in Texas.
Glad you didn't get hurt. That's pretty bad. I agree, likely totaled. There should be jail time for people that cannot be responsible for damages they cause.
Thanks
It was R/T, maybe next a SRT. 😁

·
Premium Member
1,255 Posts
Bro, I get it, it sucks that this happened but at least no one was seriously hurt. But in no way should you be wishing death on someone else. Especially since you have no idea how this person was brought up and the lessons they were handed down in life.
"They should get decapitated on sight!"
Yeah, I have no tolerance for people like her but that's pretty over the top!

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks
This wreck just makes me sick. I get attached to certain cars and I was attached to this one. I have owned 5 old school Challengers.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
23,550 Posts
Makes me sick to see that. Sometimes I just can't stomach people. But wishing them death is way over the top. The good thing is YOU were insured and will get your company to take care of it. I just hope it turns out OK for you

A Guy

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I'd be surprised if its not totaled based on repair cost vs vehicle value (2017 R/T). If it were a Hellcat I could see it worth getting repaired, but I'm no expert. Sorry and good luck!
Thanks
Agree about the damage.
I would like to keep it, if it was just body repair.
But now we are talking about structural and suspension damage.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Makes me sick to see that. Sometimes I just can't stomach people. But wishing them death is way over the top. The good thing is YOU were insured and will get your company to take care of it. I just hope it turns out OK for you

A Guy
Agree and thanks

1 - 20 of 84 Posts