Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

21 - 40 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
I agree with decapitation. Then burn the body.
We have to draw a line and do something about these worthless wastes of space. Just because you are a human being should not be just cause to screw up every other human beings life with zero accountability.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I just made a GIF of the hit from my dash cam.

Reactions: shak3r

·
Registered
2018 Pitch Black SXT
3,577 Posts
Wow. Sorry to hear about this. Glad you are ok. The car can be replaced, you can't. I felt sick to my stomach when I saw the pics. Something sorta like that happened to my wife on her way to work. Young kid hit her in the front drivers side and ran her off the road. No insurance. After he hit her he ran and another driver that saw the incident chased him down.

·
Registered
2015 Dodge Challenger SRT
745 Posts
Most important thing is that you're okay.

I think it's going to be a close call whether they total your Challenger or not. I'm leaning toward that it will be. It probably depends on how much damage to the floor pans.

Beautiful car, by the way.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Most important thing is that you're okay.

I think it's going to be a close call whether they total your Challenger or not. I'm leaning toward that it will be. It probably depends on how much damage to the floor pans.

Beautiful car, by the way.
I'm sick over it. I really loved that car. Never had any issues with it.
It put a smile on my face every time I got into it.

Wow. Sorry to hear about this. Glad you are ok. The car can be replaced, you can't. I felt sick to my stomach when I saw the pics. Something sorta like that happened to my wife on her way to work. Young kid hit her in the front drivers side and ran her off the road. No insurance. After he hit her he ran and another driver that saw the incident chased him down.
I haven't been right since the accident. I hate looking outside and not see my car.

Another pic

·
Registered
2018 Pitch Black SXT
3,577 Posts
I feel ya buddy. I hope you recover.Since it was a nice sunny day today I took a short cruise and all I can think of anymore is that other guy ,or gal, that's gonna do something stupid and make my day a disaster. They almost take all the joy out.I take all the back roads I can but there is still stupid on the road. I know what you mean about lookin out and not seeing it. Besides my wife getting hit and run off the road, I also had someone stupid hit me once in my truck passenger side door as I was pulling into my driveway. Vehicle was out for awhile and I sure did miss it.

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Glad you are ok. I will be extremely surprised if that doesn’t total. I would also be very suspicious of the shop if it doesn’t total.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
looks like you were pushed into the other lane... that van passed just in time!
It was close, but I was just barely in the turn lane after that hit.

I feel ya buddy. I hope you recover.Since it was a nice sunny day today I took a short cruise and all I can think of anymore is that other guy ,or gal, that's gonna do something stupid and make my day a disaster. They almost take all the joy out.I take all the back roads I can but there is still stupid on the road. I know what you mean about lookin out and not seeing it. Besides my wife getting hit and run off the road, I also had someone stupid hit me once in my truck passenger side door as I was pulling into my driveway. Vehicle was out for awhile and I sure did miss it.
Agree
Glad y'all were not injured.

My worse accident was in 1999. I was driving my 73 Challenger 340 pistol grip 4 speed car, that I bought in 1980.
I was at a red light, my light turned green and I woke up in the hospital. I don't remember anything about the wreck. They said a red Ford truck ran a red-light and T-boned me on the driver side and keep going. Hit and run. My ribs on the left side were broken and one punctured by left lung. 6 days in ICU and another 6 days in the hospital.
Plus I have had 3 neck surgeries because of that wreck.
I really miss that car, after having it for 19 years.
I always wanted a Hemi Challenger and I finally got one and now this happens.
Mopar or No Car
:cry:

Reactions: Dragongunner

·
Registered
2011 SXT Built in the Canada Plant
1,267 Posts
Glad you were not seriously injured, The Car can be repaired but depends on percentage of damage based on year and with parts now getting scarce anything is possible.
Rest up and take it easy let us know what happens.

·
Registered
2011 SXT Built in the Canada Plant
1,267 Posts
If she was on her cell phone then it was her fault. Distracted driving. Should be a $1,000 fine & a week in jail for the first offense.
Should be a 5k fine and 30 days in jail and 6 month suspension of license .... Crack down on this crap
they should have a lock on cell phones if car is in motion unless on hands free some kid almost got hit but a
idiot in a pickup 2 nights ago on a cell kid happen to jump out of way luckily he heard it.

·
Registered
2018 Challenger 392 Shaker B5 Blue
403 Posts
I’m glad you’re ok. Sorry about your car. I was just recently in one myself last month. Person in front me slammed on their brakes, which caused me to do the same. The guy rear ended me & caused me to hit the person in front of me. He was speeding & probably distracted. He luckily had insurance, although it was a weird company. It’s been a nightmare dealing with them. Total damage to my car was $10,300. It’s been repaired since last week, but I haven’t been able to pick it up because the insurance still owes the body shop 1 more supplement check, which was for my left muffler, which ended up being $3500 alone

Reactions: grandpa-srt4

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
I agree that they should make the penalty/fine so high that it would be cheaper to get the insurance.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Dam that sucks I would be freaking out if that happened to me. I can't stand these uninsured motorists driving is a privilege not a right
Damn right
Tired of paying for all the low life's.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
I’m glad you’re ok. Sorry about your car. I was just recently in one myself last month. Person in front me slammed on their brakes, which caused me to do the same. The guy rear ended me & caused me to hit the person in front of me. He was speeding & probably distracted. He luckily had insurance, although it was a weird company. It’s been a nightmare dealing with them. Total damage to my car was $10,300. It’s been repaired since last week, but I haven’t been able to pick it up because the insurance still owes the body shop 1 more supplement check, which was for my left muffler, which ended up being $3500 alone

View attachment 1019201 View attachment 1019202
Ouch
Beautiful car

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Damn, glad you're okay. Too bad she did not die in the crash though.

I have ZERO sympathy for uninsured, un licensed drivers and especially ones that are screwing with their phones. They should get decapitated on sight!
I’m sure the OP was being fasciitis but was feeling that way at the time. I would let them live but there should be a stronger penalty for being uninsured.

You’re driving a Cadillac but don’t have insurance. WTF. This is extra annoying because I have a friend who’s a cop and I know what percentage of people drive around like that in my area.

By the way what does your childhood have to do with your responsibilities as an adult. Your tough up bringing isn’t everyone else’s problems. Plenty of great people started out terrible.

21 - 40 of 84 Posts