Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been lurking here primarily for the last couple months, trying to learn as much as I can about the Challenger. I plan to purchase sometime in March, but if a great deal came along, I could potentially make this happen sooner.

I was originally focused on used Challengers, but I'm beginning to think I can find a brand new 2010 in my price ranges (ie $27K - $30K).

I'm looking for a 2010 RT, manual or automatic. As for colors, my preference would be purple or yellow (but DWB, orange, or red could work).

The search tools I've used are:

cars.com
ebay.com
carsoup.com
autotrader.com

What are some other search engines that I should use ?
(A 'Dodge locator' ?)

People often mention Challengers that they've seen on dealer lots - I am located in southeast Minnesota, so any especially good deal within, say 250 mile radius, I'd be interested in hearing about.

Thanks.

Dave

·
Banned
557 Posts
You can use this to search new Dodge inventory up to 200 mile radius. If you want to extend your search, use a different zip code. ;)

Dodge - New Inventory Search - Model and Dealer Selection

As far as new or used, I faced the same dilemna. What I noticed is I could get a new one with less fluff (leather, GPS, etc) vs a used one with all the fluff. I was mostly interested in the car, not the fluff so it made the choice easy. When it was all said and done, my RT I bought stickered for $33k and I bought for $27k. After getting to this number, I looked online via many of the same sources you already stated and couldn't find anything in that price range, even used. So it made pulling the trigger easy.

Looking back, the only thing I would have done different is pull the trigger even sooner. I love driving this car. It makes me smile each time I get in it. :)

Good luck!

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
You can use this to search new Dodge inventory up to 200 mile radius. If you want to extend your search, use a different zip code. ;)

As far as new or used, I faced the same dilemna. What I noticed is I could get a new one with less fluff (leather, GPS, etc) vs a used one with all the fluff. I was mostly interested in the car, not the fluff so it made the choice easy. When it was all said and done, my RT I bought stickered for $33k and I bought for $27k. After getting to this number, I looked online via many of the same sources you already stated and couldn't find anything in that price range, even used. So it made pulling the trigger easy.

Looking back, the only thing I would have done different is pull the trigger even sooner. I love driving this car. It makes me smile each time I get in it. :)

Good luck!
:thumbsup:What he said. The hard part will be deciding whether to buy the new one (base style) for what you could buy a used one, or moving up to the Classic or more options. I would count on at least $5K off MSRP, and $7-$8K if it's loaded.

Good Luck!

·
Registered
558 Posts
I'm going through the same search and decision situation. The key is having patience. My local dealer has at least 15 2010 R/T's on display. The more flexible on color and model, the more time is on your side. I have watched plum prices, and I don't see anyone giving those away. However, I have seen fuschia cars with falling prices. Most of the plum cars I saw were loaded - not so with fuschia. Anyway, you were looking for other colors. With modern search tools and delear exchanges, that makes it even more a buyer's market. Hold tough for a good 2010 liquidation price.

Good Luck

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
I'm going through the same search and decision situation. The key is having patience. My local dealer has at least 15 2010 R/T's on display. The more flexible on color and model, the more time is on your side. I have watched plum prices, and I don't see anyone giving those away. However, I have seen fuschia cars with falling prices. Most of the plum cars I saw were loaded - not so with fuschia. Anyway, you were looking for other colors. With modern search tools and delear exchanges, that makes it even more a buyer's market. Hold tough for a good 2010 liquidation price.

Good Luck
Plum Crazy and Furious Fuschia are beautiful colors, but they are fairly unique. What you need to ask yourself if you are considering these colors is, after getting past the retro hype and excitement, are you going to be happy with these colors for a few years or more?

·
Registered
98 Posts
I just bought a 2010 RT Classic with 6 speed and some decent options (sunroof, media center, etc) in hemi orange and payed 31,800 for it. Sticker price was something like 38,250 or something.

I don't know if this was the best price I could have gotten, but it was the only hemi orange leftover I could find within 100 miles of home with the options I wanted and I haggled it down as far as I thought was reasonable. So, about 6500 off sticker on the exact car I wanted.

I've seen R/T's with different options for below 30,000. One I saw was 8000 below sticker price but it was an ugly dark red color so I skipped it. Now is the time to buy if you can find a leftover. There are rumors that the 2011's are coming out in a few weeks, so its hard to say if Dodge will offer any more rebates in February but its still pretty good right now.

·
Registered
4,564 Posts

Good luck!
I looked up Northwest Jeep Chrysler Dodge, which is where I purchased mine. They have 43 SE's in stock. I wonder what the %$&@ they plan on doing with them. :scratchhead:

EDIT: After posting my message I checked again & it now shows 32 SE's in stock. I know that I was correct because I checked it twice. I wonder how accurate the inventory search is. Maybe they just sold 11 Challengers. LoL

·
Banned
557 Posts
I looked up Northwest Jeep Chrysler Dodge, which is where I purchased mine. They have 43 SE's in stock. I wonder what the %$&@ they plan on doing with them. :scratchhead:

EDIT: After posting my message I checked again & it now shows 32 SE's in stock. I know that I was correct because I checked it twice. I wonder how accurate the inventory search is. Maybe they just sold 11 Challengers. LoL
I used that link to track down my car I ended up buying. While it is not as accurate as what the dealers use internally its darn close, maybe 1-2 lag.

LOL, wow 32 SE models is a lot. If I wanted a 2010 SE that is where I would shop. They need to knock the bottom out of the price or they will be stuck, especially with the increased power gains of the new 2011 SE.

·
Registered
4,564 Posts
I used that link to track down my car I ended up buying. While it is not as accurate as what the dealers use internally its darn close, maybe 1-2 lag.

LOL, wow 32 SE models is a lot. If I wanted a 2010 SE that is where I would shop. They need to knock the bottom out of the price or they will be stuck, especially with the increased power gains of the new 2011 SE.
They're priced at $17,888, which is what I paid for mine. The issue is that we have one of the worst economies in the country.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts