Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear all
As the title said, my days with my Challenger are coming to an end.
I own a scatpack 16.
And just to be clear. I LOVE IT.
It is my baby. We growed up together. (Mechanical speaking) and After 2 years of deep learning( thanks especially to some of you) I can say " I know my car" .

But,
I love road course. I felt in love slowly in the last year. And this passion( an expensive one) put me in the condition to decide to switch car to somenthing that could be a better compromise between WE driving(with family,so 4 seats) and performance on the track.

I know somebody has dedicated a challenger to road courses tracks, but I believe a 4400 pounds car doesn't born for this. And the changes requested are too many.

I will sell my Challenger next month.

I do have many things that I would like to sell separetely.

1. 4 New (with stickers) 245x40x20 goodyear supercar F1 max perf. Tires
2. 4 ,50miles firestone indy500 tires. Same size
3. 4. Nitto Ns05 275x35x20 (60%left )
4. Brake pads ( Carbotech xp 10front xp8 back with 4000miles. )
5. New Brembo pads never used
6. 2 NEW front rotors (FROZENROTORS)
7. air intake AIRAID(oil free) with cleaning kit

If anyone is interested

I'm in bayarea ,California.

I want to thank all of you for the great support and your big knowledge especially A GUY, and WASP

Ciao,
Alex

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

·
Banned
2016 R/T Scat Pack
3,889 Posts
Dear all
As the title said, my days with my Challenger are coming to an end.
I own a scatpack 16.
And just to be clear. I LOVE IT.
It is my baby. We growed up together. (Mechanical speaking) and After 2 years of deep learning( thanks especially to some of you) I can say " I know my car" .

But,
I love road course. I felt in love slowly in the last year. And this passion( an expensive one) put me in the condition to decide to switch car to somenthing that could be a better compromise between WE driving(with family,so 4 seats) and performance on the track.

I know somebody has dedicated a challenger to road courses tracks, but I believe a 4400 pounds car doesn't born for this. And the changes requested are too many.

I will sell my Challenger next month.

I do have many things that I would like to sell separetely.

1. 4 New (with stickers) 245x40x20 goodyear supercar F1 max perf. Tires
2. 4 ,50miles firestone indy500 tires. Same size
3. 4. Nitto Ns05 275x35x20 (60%left )
4. Brake pads ( Carbotech xp 10front xp8 back with 4000miles. )
5. New Brembo pads never used
6. 2 NEW front rotors (FROZENROTORS)
7. air intake AIRAID(oil free) with cleaning kit

If anyone is interested

I'm in bayarea ,California.

I want to thank all of you for the great support and your big knowledge especially A GUY, and WASP

Ciao,
Alex

Dang, sad to see you go, bro.

:drink4:

Best of luck, don't be a stranger and let us know what you decide on getting next.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
so..what are you getting? Camaro SS 1LE?
I was thinking that.
I drove it. And the seats are very uncomfortable. But very nice car. (And my wife didn't like it ...:) )
So after spent days on trying my dream (z06 found one for 68k+tax with 2k miles but still high.)

I will take a mustang gt with perf pack and 800hp. Lebanon ford. They rebate a lot. And for that price you can't find a 800hp car.

I hope it works :)

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Probably. I tried the new gt without the supercharger and honestly was a good ride. 10speed auto seems a good choice. Will see :)

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You don't need 800HP, you need a car with the chassis and brakes that can handle roadracing. You need a Grand Sport.
I was looking fpr that too. Still out of budget. And only 2 seats :( great car tho.

·
Banned
2016 R/T Scat Pack
3,889 Posts
You don't need 800HP, you need a car with the chassis and brakes that can handle roadracing. You need a Grand Sport.
This, if you're going to switch from a Challenger, don't get another boat, lol.

I'd stick with the Challenger and maybe look into wider wheels/bigger spoiler?

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Mustang with perf package is good car for track. Only think I need will be a bigger splitter and 305 tires all around. (Can't with challenger) . brakes are 6 pistons brembo. Already strut brace and chassis tuned. People says With the bigger tires it is close to shelby350..
I don't know. We will see.
Worst case, I'll change in 3 years again :)
And btw
Also it is 3700 lbs vs 4400 lbs of my challenger.

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
Awe man!! Sounds like you're doing the winding roads up in the red woods, I'm so jealous! nothing like cruising north on the GGB...have fun in your new ride

·
Banned
2016 R/T Scat Pack
3,889 Posts
Corvette got only 2 seats. And it is a game changer for the family :(

Have you ever sat in the back of a mustang? The seats may as well be nonexistent. If you're over 5' tall, your neck isn't going to fit.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts