Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am very excited about the sound and performance gains from my custom dual exhaust. It was installed locally at Monterey Mufflers in Stuart, Florida. Had to post a clip:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Nice I guess I need to post a pic or video of mine

·
Registered
180 Posts
So tell us more about the system...Is it a true dual? What pipes? What mufflers? Looks like you removed the resonators...does it have any "drone" at speeds?

Steve

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It is not a "true dual" installer said this set up gives the v6 the best sound. 1 in 2 out, 2 1/4" black pipes, flowmaster muffler, 12" x 3" stainless tips. no resonator delete. it sounds fabulous, no drone. deep and throaty at low rpm's and when you get on her, very subdued on highway over 60mph and at idle.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Hi,so you replaced the factory muffler w/a flowmaster and after it split the single pipe into a Y of 2 tailpipes of 2 1/4 each w/no resonators to the tips .Is that correct?. Thanks.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Almost...cut in front of factory muffler, installed flowmaster with dual exits, 2 individual pipes exiting muffler (1 in 2 out)! Close enough except there is no y in the piping.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Almost...cut in front of factory muffler, installed flowmaster with dual exits, 2 individual pipes exiting muffler (1 in 2 out)! Close enough except there is no y in the piping.
Ok I got it, so the 2 pipes that exit the flowmaster are 2 1/4 and have no resonators? Please pardon my thick head.Thanks for the info.Sounds beautiful.:scratchhead:

·
Registered
67 Posts
Sounds sooo good!
Which Flowmaster muffler did you go with?
And if you don't mind my asking, what was the total for this install?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sounds sooo good!
Which Flowmaster muffler did you go with?
And if you don't mind my asking, what was the total for this install?

Thanks in advance.
This is pretty funny but I don't even know which Flowmaster it is. It sounded so good when I got it I forgot to ask. Total $396! Great bang for the buck!
Monterey Mufflers in Stuart, FL...ask for Jim!!:bigthumb:

·
Registered
701 Posts
This is pretty funny but I don't even know which Flowmaster it is. It sounded so good when I got it I forgot to ask. Total $396! Great bang for the buck!
Monterey Mufflers in Stuart, FL...ask for Jim!!:bigthumb:
That's a great price for that setup. I have the Flowmaster Force II which has a 50 series muffler and the resonators on the system deaden the sound so much that it's barely more audible than stock...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts