Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My daughter "challenged" me with her 2017 6.4 T/A SRT Challenger a couple of weeks ago.
I've owned my Power Wagon since new... ordering it from Dodge in August '73. It finally arrived in December '73. It'll be 45 years old this December.
It's been through a lot in this last 44+ years.
I'm currently running a stroked 440 with Indy aluminum heads with a Six Pack. It works pretty good.
After the first pass where I just lit up the tires in 1st, 1st over, 2nd, 2nd over.
My son recommended I should put it in "traction control" like my daughter did. So I put into 4 Wheel Hi.
It was such a handful with the Tru-Trac limited slip in the front... I didn't have the where with all to split the gears with my overdrive. Otherwise I think I could have pulled her to our 100 mph limit.
Her 8 speed does really help over a 3 speed 727 Torqueflite .

Video coming.

·
Registered
2014 SRT Core
10,049 Posts
Looking forward to seeing the video when you get it up, I really like those older Dodge trucks, especially with a stroked 440 lol.

Reactions: KurtfromLaQuinta

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
If you have lots of time to waste- check this out... Well since I have "To be able to post links or images your post count must be greater."
I'll kind of direct you to this site... Ramcharger Central. com.
Scroll down to the picture section on the Home Page.
Click on "Rams, Power Wagons, D/W 50s, Dakotas and other trucks".
Look for my Forum Page titled "My '74 Power Wagon I Ordered from Dodge on 8/73".
There is an almost 45 year history of my truck in those pages.
There on Page 32 will be a link for the video of my daughters SRT T/A and my truck.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Aha! I met the quota!
Here's the video of the "challenge"...

Now keep in mind... This was an very early Sunday morning between two country clubs that "snowbirds" live in... they've moved back to cooler climates.
So we didn't even wake anybody up.

If we had a drag strip somewhat close nearby... I could have sleep in for a little longer that Sunday morning.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
20,701 Posts
Ahh the memories. The father/daughter dance. Walking the bride down the aisle. The illegal street race....

A Guy >:)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts