Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 167 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To my dear friends on Challengertalk.

It is with deep sadness that I report my loving and beautiful wife Karen passed away Sunday night at home with her family by her side. She had battled metastasized breast cancer for 27 months and was on Hospice care for only a few days before she passed peacefully. She will be cremated and we will have a memorial service here at our home beside our garden & Koi pond she loved so much and where we spent quiet moments together on her birthday April 23rd. She was only 57 yrs old.
I consider all of the Challengertalk forum members a friend because anytime we need info or help with our "toys" a forum member is there to help.
Being here without her makes me profoundly aware of how precious life is and how much our spouses sacrifice throughout our relationships so we can enjoy our hobby, passion or livelihood.
A special thanks to Buckwheat, Tim @ Mr. Norms, Russ Anema (Techco help) for your prayers and kind words of support you have provided for her and I during our forum friendship and her battle with cancer.
I only wish I had more time with her, she was truly a beautiful and loving wife, mother companion and friend. She will be greatly missed by all she came in contact with.
She wanted me even when she was going through tough times to take time for myself and go to Byron Dragstrip with my Challenger.
She supported me, helped me and loved me. I am truly a blessed person.

Please take a moment to stop and thank your significant other for all they do to make what we do possible.,
Best regards to all,
Don Carson

·
Registered
126 Posts
Prayers with you

·
Registered
820 Posts
Don,

I am truly sorry for your loss, you and your family are in my prayers.

·
Registered
9,272 Posts
Don,

I hope the Lord will bless you and ease your grief.

Ray

·
Premium Member
728 Posts
Very sorry for your loss. My thoughts & prayers are with you & your family.

·
Premium Member
2012 Challenger SRT in BSP
440 Posts
Don,
My heart goes out to you. What a sad thing to happen at such a young age. You were indeed blessed to have such a wonderful lady in your life.
I pray that God will bring peace and comfort to you and your family in the difficult days ahead.
Jack

·
Banned
7,159 Posts
So sorry for your loss.

·
Banned
642 Posts
Don,

My sincere thoughts and prayers to you and your family during such a difficult time.

God Bless

·
Registered
585 Posts
Sincere condolences Don. You will be in my families prayers.

·
Premium Member
122 Posts
Don:

As a fellow widower, all I can say is sincere condolences for your profound loss, and, even though right now all seems dark, you will in due time make it through her loss. She would want you to.

Surely you will never forget her. A good woman is hard to find and even more important to move through life with.

Cherish and remember the good times...

My very best wishes

TRR

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
Don, don't know what to say that hasn't already been said. My wife turned 60 Sunday and I don't know what I would do if I lost her. I'll be in Janesville next week Thursday evening if you want to talk Challengers.

Tom

·
Premium Member
4,384 Posts
Sorry to hear such sad news Don,
Life never ends Don we just move on to bigger and better things she will always live in your heart and many others i'm sure.
Hope to see you at one of our events, we have a very fast way of putting the smiles back on the faces, i'm sure she wants nothing but the best for you.

Your CT friend
John Lewis

·
Registered
711 Posts
Don, my wife and I send our deepest sympathies and condolences to you and your family during this difficult time.

If there is anything we can do, please just ask, even those in greatest distances can still help.

Chris

1 - 20 of 167 Posts