Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,690 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here's a pic of my Det Yellow with the new Fiberglass Hood I bought this fall. It's a six pack hood, and the scoop is smaller than that Super Stock hood.

Had it painted in "Rat Rod" acrylic enamel. No cover right now on the scoop, but I have some plans for that.

It's not a full functional scoop (obviously). I'd like to make it feed the throttle body, but that will probably take some serious crafting, something Im not up to. Im hoping when Dodge starts selling the lower piece to make the TA hood functional, that MAYBE, just MAYBE, that piece will work with minor mods for me.

Fit of the hood was really good overall. I did have to remove the weatherstripping from the cowl area.. it was pushing up the cowl edge of the hood. Gonna figure something out for that.

Had a helluva time with the Mr Norms hood pins. Significant grinding on the bottom side of the radiator cover/cup holders as it was hitting the hood. Still have one spot that hits on each side, so I put a small piece of black felt on it.

Overall very happy with the hood. Haven't seen anyone else with one yet, so that makes me even more happy!

Mike

·
Registered
347 Posts
Any pics of the hood pin install?

·
Premium Member
1,690 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry, didn't take any pics of the pin install. I am going to try to recreate some parts and take pics but that will be later

Mike

·
Premium Member
2,786 Posts
That's an ace look! Nice job and unique.

·
Premium Member
1,690 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
'Cuda style hockey stick stripes? More pics of the car please :D
It's actually a modified C stripe with R/T cut-out. I screwed up installing the spear at the bottom of the door. As soon as it's better weather, Im replacing those.

Here's a side pic

Mike

Reactions: c26bt34c

·
Registered
168 Posts
Love that hood!. Reminds me of the hood my 69 383 Dart GTS which I am putting up for sale so I can get a Challenger.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,690 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
:thumbsup: Looks Super, where did you find that hood ?
Vendor at Mopars at Big Daddy's was selling them. Got a good deal shipped to my work. Americansportscar.com is their website, but the company name is actually Stinger Fiberglass.

The underside of the scoop was not gel coated. I had to skim coat with bondo and block it out. Guy who painted it told me it was one of the better fiberglass hoods he's seen. He did have to block it out some, but not as much as other parts (according to him). Fitment worried me some, but at the end of the day, with a little sanding on one edge, it fits just about as good as the factory hood, and better in some spots.

Mike

·
Administrator
2009 Challenger R/T
8,919 Posts
Mike way to go she looks ready to rumble great job brother :)

·
Registered
630 Posts
Pretty sweet. I like it.

·
Premium Member
1,262 Posts
I bet the camaro owners tremble when you pull up next to them in that incredible beast. Looks incredible.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Love it, love it, love it! I've been waiting for the same kind of hood. I liked the sox & martin hood but i thought the scoop was just a little big. This is perfect. I want the same thing on my B5 SRT

·
Registered
448 Posts
Did you have to modify the hood in any way for the latching mechanisms?

·
Premium Member
1,690 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Did you have to modify the hood in any way for the latching mechanisms?
Nope, no modifications to the latching mechanisms. The underside of the hood is pretty much exactly like the stock hood, with, of course, the exception being the scoop. All contours, dimples, latching mechanisms etc are the same. Bolts are held in with a metal backing plate behind the fiberglass.

Mike

1 - 20 of 61 Posts