Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a new 2011 392. One of my tips is crooked. I loosened the clamp right in front of it a good bit and tried to turn it, but it wouldn't budge. Any suggestions?

·
Banned
675 Posts
I have a new 2011 392. One of my tips is crooked. I loosened the clamp right in front of it a good bit and tried to turn it, but it wouldn't budge. Any suggestions?
They should turn, make sure you loosened it enough, and try again. Mine were also crooked, i fixed mine.

·
Premium Member
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I loosened it until it was gapped open an inch or so. What if i sprayed some WD40 on it from the back side?

·
Registered
483 Posts
They should turn, make sure you loosened it enough, and try again. Mine were also crooked, i fixed mine.
Agreed, it's a ball flange so you probably didn't loosen it enough. After you have the bolts loose, give it a light tap with a dead blow hammer at the flange just in case there is some internal surface rust to break free. Rotate and tighten.

·
Registered
651 Posts
I also have one tip crooked, but they tacked it so I'll have to get a peanut grinder to remove the tack weld.
Apparently they feel the extra security is needed.

Check to make sure there isn't any tack welds.
:smoker:

·
Registered
834 Posts
There's a tack weld for the clamp but not the tip itself. I just put some IE quad tips
on my car. The stockers needed a little push/bump to get them loose after sitting on
there for 9 months. Should be easy to adjust once you get them to break free.

·
Registered
469 Posts
I had the same problem when mine was new, just loosen the bolt and tap it. It will move.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts