Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all, my father and I just completed a 3 year 1970 challenger rest and just recently found a buyer for it! hoping to have the funds in hand and vehicle shipped this week! it was a 318 automatic lime green. now we are looking for a new project car. we had some difficulty last time locating all the parts we needed in a timely fashion, probably could have finished in under 2 years not 3. where do you all find some of the harder to locate parts?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
also i would love to see and hear about some other builds or rests on 70 challengers to get some ideas for our next one. thanks guys

·
Registered
667 Posts
We always make an annual trip to the Mopar Nats or Chrysler at Carlisle. Go to any of these two flea markets and you should come home with pretty well everything you need for a Dodge/Plymouth muscle car restoration.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
I was involved in a couple of restorations some years ago, and frankly I could have never succeeded in obtaining "pieces parts" without the help of Hemming's Motor News. At the time, at least, it was the very best source available for rare and/or highly sought after cars, parts, etc. Check it out !!

Regards,

Gary aka "beamg5"

·
Registered
2,825 Posts
Would love to see it. Any photos?

·
Registered
191 Posts
I use a mix of summit racing and classic industires.... and ebay lol. Summit has a lot of the metal and engine components where as classic industries has more of the car specific parts WHEN THEY ARE IN STOCK!!!! Have had a lot of issues with classic for getting parts in sock but if you cant get it anywhere else check here.

Ebay can be a great spot for deals! I just got the go-wing for my challenger from ebay for $100 bucks less than what summit was going to charge and like $150 or so less than classic!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts