Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, yesterday I was able to pickup with car from Cervinis after volunteering it for use to "mock-up" their new "392" shaker hood setup.

First off, let me thank GSOChallenger for making this all happen. "Thanks Bud! I owe you one. :guiness:

Next, let me thank Jay at Cervinis for being a cool and standup guy throughout this deal. You, Jim, and all the guys (and gal) at Cervinis were great to work with and I would(/am) recommend Cervinis and its products and services to anyone: they are AWESOME!!!

As for my car, all I can say is, WOW! I LOVE IT!!!! Those guys at Cervinis surpassed my expectations by a mile. AWESOME!!!! (BTW, let's not talk about a so-called alleged "hug" that supposedly took place.:lol: Thanks, guys!!!

Anyway, here's my car:

What do you guys think?

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
I think the shaker hood looks sweet, but I would have stuck w/the factory airbox setup which pulls colder air in from the wheel well.

Also, I just love the Billet. Great color.

·
Premium Member
1,262 Posts
Is the hood scoop cutout big enough to clear a 6-71 blower?

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think the shaker hood looks sweet, but I would have stuck w/the factory airbox setup which pulls colder air in from the wheel well.
This setup actually looks pretty efficient. Though my pictures don't show it, the hood does seal to the airbox and the air "Rammed" in from the hood scoop should feed the engine with less restriction than air routed from the facia air duct up to and pass the a/c condenser/radiator. (But then again, I'm no engineer, AND I haven't tested CRAP!)

Non-the-less, from a performance stand point, IMO the factory setup looks hard to beat... If any system can improve upon it, I'd say this system should...

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Holy crap. That is sweet and clean looking. How much and I assume you need the new hood too, eh?

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
This setup actually looks pretty efficient. Though my pictures don't show it, the hood does seal to the airbox and the air "Rammed" in from the hood scoop should feed the engine with less restriction than air routed from the facia air duct up to and pass the a/c condenser/radiator. (But then again, I'm no engineer, AND I haven't tested CRAP!)

Non-the-less, from a performance stand point, IMO the factory setup looks hard to beat... If any system can improve upon it, I'd say this system should...
Ah, ok. If it does indeed seal to the ram scoop then it's probably a good win. It wasn't obvious that it does that from the pics. It makes a lot more sense that it would.

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Holy crap. That is sweet and clean looking. How much and I assume you need the new hood too, eh?
I don't know how much they'll price these items. Because of GSOChallenger and this post:
http://www.challengertalk.com/forums/f19/cervinis-needs-392-challenger-57405/#post807903

I was able to get all the parts, paint and labor for FREE! My only other obligation to Cervinis is to let them display the car at the Carlisle Chrysler event. This works to good because now I was able to plan a "get-away" summer weekend for the family. Ahhh! Nice hotel, car show(s), and fun at Hershey park. This is/was definately a win-win situation!!!

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
that is the nicest shaker hood I have seen. congrats to you and the guys that did it. can you take a couple of pictures of under the hood and post them please. also what is the hood made of? metal or fiberglass?

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
did you haver to loose the 392 fuel rail covers?

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ah, ok. If it does indeed seal to the ram scoop then it's probably a good win. It wasn't obvious that it does that from the pics. It makes a lot more sense that it would.
The hood seal is here:

The seal sits of this area:

I hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The hood is fiberglass: (built in-house at Cervinis along with the CAI system).

The hood, hood struts, and CAI box was replaced. The fuel rail and coil pack covers couldn't be reinstalled. Hopefully someone will step up and offer replacements that'll fit with this setup. Billet aluminum or chrome coil pack covers would look more awesome with this...

·
Registered
432 Posts
now all you need to do is move the 392 HEMI logo to the sides of the hood scoop and you're set to go :bigthumb:

·
Registered
6,352 Posts
now all you need to do is move the 392 HEMI logo to the sides of the hood scoops and you're set to go :bigthumb:

^^^^^ This!!!!

Great looking setup!

·
Registered
826 Posts
Tony I love the look if that shaker, It looks good. When are they offering them to the public ?

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
now all you need to do is move the 392 HEMI logo to the sides of the hood scoop and you're set to go :bigthumb:
Yeah, that's what everyone's saying. Supposedly Jim at Cervinis has a plan he's working on for when the car is to be displayed at Carlisle. First I'll see what he's going to come up with...

Tony I love the look if that shaker, It looks good. When are they offering them to the public ?
I've no idea yet. As a matter of fact, I didn't even ask... I'll contact them monday and see what's up. Hopefully someone from Cervinis will chime in before then...

·
Premium Member
1,690 Posts
Nice setup...looks great. The airbox setup is the same as their ram air. It takes are in the same way the stock box does AND through the top. So, theoretically more air than stock.

Way ta go.... Looking sweet

Mike

1 - 20 of 27 Posts