Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought I posted this earlier but guess I didn't hit submit, anyway! I'm officially part of the club now, just picked up my first Dodge/Challenger last night!

It's a 2018 Challenger RT (5.7L) with 6MT. The only options it has is the Performance Handling Group, which gives it the Scat Pack stock wheels, suspension (bilsteins), and brakes (4-piston Brembos), plus back up sensors and "Performance Steering" (not 100% sure what/where that is).

I also got the dealer to throw in a full Katzkin leather interior for decent price. I got back later this week to order those, not 100% sure what options I have or what I want to do, I'm thinking right now just something simple but custom, like black leather seats with blue stitching on the outside or something.

Here's a link to some pics I took today:
https://imgur.com/gallery/eequV

Reactions: Envyous71

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Welcome from Maryland. Nice!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
814 Posts
Thought I posted this earlier but guess I didn't hit submit, anyway! I'm officially part of the club now, just picked up my first Dodge/Challenger last night!

It's a 2018 Challenger RT (5.7L) with 6MT. The only options it has is the Performance Handling Group, which gives it the Scat Pack stock wheels, suspension (bilsteins), and brakes (4-piston Brembos), plus back up sensors and "Performance Steering" (not 100% sure what/where that is).

I also got the dealer to throw in a full Katzkin leather interior for decent price. I got back later this week to order those, not 100% sure what options I have or what I want to do, I'm thinking right now just something simple but custom, like black leather seats with blue stitching on the outside or something.

Here's a link to some pics I took today:
https://imgur.com/gallery/eequV
Welcome, love the blue.

How much are they asking for katzkin? I need to do it on mine.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
677 Posts
Pretty car, congrats, and welcome.

Reactions: Dizman7

·
Registered
3,351 Posts
Congrats on your new ride. You'll love the active exhaust on your 5.7. It's actually nastier than the Scat Packs system. I know, I've owned both. I would suggest that you go conservative on the stitching color unless you're planning on keeping your car forever. Blue stitching is a specific preference and may impact resale. Just my $ .02.

·
Registered
4,294 Posts
I didn't know you could get Brembos on the 5.7 - nice!

·
Super Moderator
16,216 Posts
The contrast stitching will look nice with the IndiGo Blue - haven't seen that many, but its a new color for '18 as well.

You might want to consider dyeing the stitching on the console blue as well - its likely white or gray color?

The B5 Blue R/T Classics during '09 had blue stitching on seats / console back then, and it was dropped when the '10s came out.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
How much are they asking for katzkin? I need to do it on mine.
I got them down to $1500 (from $1800) for full interior (front & back) including installation. But I’ve seen on here where people have got them for even less. I’ve seen places online where you can buy the plain black full interior for $800 without labor.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Congrats on your new ride. You'll love the active exhaust on your 5.7. It's actually nastier than the Scat Packs system. I know, I've owned both. I would suggest that you go conservative on the stitching color unless you're planning on keeping your car forever. Blue stitching is a specific preference and may impact resale. Just my $ .02.
Cool, I didn’t know that, I knew active exhaust was new for 5.7L in 2017+ but didn’t know diff in how the sound.

Hmmm would resale matter though when it’s a lease?

But yeah I was thinking conservatively, not all stitching blue, just the outer edges. Rest would be black probably. Maybe perforated insert, no monogramming though

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I didn't know you could get Brembos on the 5.7 - nice!
Yeah, the Performance Handling Group is a new option on the 5.7L's for 2018. I was pleasantly surprised to see that!

I really wanted leather (this was before I knew about Katzkin, which I learned the day before I went to the dealer) and long story short I looked on autotrader in the entire country for RT Plus' with that package in blue (and other colors) and found like 2 I think it was, but they were actually RT Plus Shakers making them a bit out of my range. So it seems like it's slow to catch on.

·
Premium Member
2,611 Posts
Congratulations!

That IndiGo Blue looks so good.

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
I've owned my R/T for 5 years now (2013 R/T Classic), and my only regret is NOT going for the bigger Hemi. The 5.7 can't touch the 5L Mustangs and Camaros, so pulling next to them at the light is humbling. I don't even try any more. If you want to dust the standard V-8 Stangs and Camaros, you need the 392. That being said, I do derive great joy in blowing away all the youngsters and their rice-burners or the hipsters in their V-6 Euro-weeniemobiles. Love the look on their faces when they rev their little weedeater sounding motors as they peer in at the 50-something grandpa in this giant retro-muscle car with no idea that they'll be looking at the HEMI emblem on my rear spoiler shrinking in the distance. The 5.7 does hold its own at highway lane dodging, with the CTS's and German road warriors (Audis, Beamers and Benz's)

Next Challenger will be a T/A 392 so I can leave the 5L Fords and Chevys at the light.

·
Registered
5 Posts
After recently buying my first Challenger (2014 SRT8 CORE), I've now pulled the trigger on a 2018 R/T Scat Pack with 8-spd auto. IMO, the Challenger is a much, much better car than the '07 Mustang GT/'14 Mustang GT Track Pack I once owned. For me, there's no comparison or chance I'll be going back.

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
No argument about which is the better car, my point is which is the FASTER car. Stock 375 HP 5.7L Challenger can't touch the stock 420HP 5L Mustangs and Camaros. Chevy and Ford make cars in the same price class (actually cheaper) than the R/T Challengers and they're lighter, more HP and faster. They look like crap, are small and uncomfortable to drive, but they're fast from stop-light to stop-light. No matter which Challenger you buy, you're a 1/2-a-speed class behind the comparable Ford/Chevy. SXT slower than V-6 Ford/Chevy, R/T 5.7 slower than 5L Ford/Chevy, 392 slower than GT500 or Camaro SS. Of course we got the Hellcat and Demon that go that next step over their big-boys. Point is, in order to hang with the competition at the stop-light, we need to go to the next size Challenger (stay a 1/2 step ahead of them). Which is why I'm going 392 next time. Tired of looking at Mustang and Camaro tail-lights.

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts
cool, i didn’t know that, i knew active exhaust was new for 5.7l in 2017+ but didn’t know diff in how the sound.

Hmmm would resale matter though when it’s a lease?

But yeah i was thinking conservatively, not all stitching blue, just the outer edges. Rest would be black probably. Maybe perforated insert, no monogramming though
Before After Seats.jpg

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Nice, and those are Katzkin? Look very nice and factory like (like as in cleanly installed). I haven't heard back from the dealer yet, but I was there Monday and the guy in the parts dept said they have to wait for the deal to be funded before they can order them. Which he said can take 3-4 days and I just bought it on Saturday.

I did look at their options book with the samples and he wrote down what I was looking at, though one thing I wanted he wasn't sure if I could get but he would check. I'm hoping to get black leather with cobalt blue outside-only stitching and then have the insert (just lower back, and lower butt parts) be black and blue perforated (so you just barely see bits of blue where the little holes are). But he wasn't sure if I could get the colored perforated part with the deal I got (it was in a different section of the book that he didn't present to me as my "options", but I saw it online) but that he would check and let me know when he calls me back to order them.

I'm also starting to wonder if the "outside-only" stitching option is still and option, I saw it online thru some 3rd party shopping site that sold Katzkin, but wasn't seeing it on the actual katzkin site. But I'm starting to think the option might be all stitching colored or not, I dunno. Hopefully I hear back by friday.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts