Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I listen to a lot of podcast and audio books when I drive, so I find it really annoying that when you power off the car the system seems to forget that the iPod is connected. Is there anyway to fix this issue, so my iPod doesn't start over from the beginning of my podcast every time? The simplest solution is just to listen using the Aux slot and control the iPod manually, but I would like to use the iPod functionality that I paid for if possible.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I listen to audio books in mine and I have never seen this. I always pause the book before I shut the car off and when I come back later it starts right back where it left off.

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
Have you updated your mygig firmware? My RER head unit does not experience this type of behavior in regards to playing podcasts.

·
Registered
26 Posts
What do I need to do to update the MyGig? I can't get the usb plug in the head unit to even recognize the ipod.

·
Registered
820 Posts
:werd:
Have you updated your mygig firmware? My RER head unit does not experience this type of behavior in regards to playing podcasts.
He's talking about the head unit losing connectivity with the IPod when he turns the power off. If it’s the 430N turn the Head unit off before turning the car off it seems to help with mine. 2011 has a different IPod connection, it uses the actual apple usb connection cable.

·
Registered
820 Posts
What do I need to do to update the MyGig? I can't get the usb plug in the head unit to even recognize the ipod.
Try using a different cable and updating the firm ware on your IPod. If none of those suggestions work it's time to take a trip to the dealership.

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
It all depends on what MyGig radio you have. Do you have a 430 without NAV and does your Uconnect work? The 430 radios that came with the Uconnect not installed need a module that you can get for about $250 that puts a mic into the system and activates the Uconnect. On top of that, you need the special cable that goes to that module which connects to the Ipod. Then the radio screen will recognize and manipulate the ipod. Otherwise, I think you have to use an audio out on your ipod and connect to the AUX plug in the front and operate your ipod by itself and not from the radio.

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
check out http://mofv.com/mygig/ for information on checking what firmware you currently have and what the latest is.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have a 2011, so I would hope the Mygig firmware is already up to date. I also have updated the firmware on my iPod and it still doesn't keep connectivity. I have just skipped using the iPod and I have imported most of my music on the the HDD and I just add and delete the podcast after I listen to them.

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
I still can't find the delete album or song on my BEZ (430). My only choice is to delete all music. I don't want to press it since I don't know if this has a "are you sure you want to do this" opt out.

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
I still can't find the delete album or song on my BEZ (430). My only choice is to delete all music. I don't want to press it since I don't know if this has a "are you sure you want to do this" opt out.
Why would you want to delete just one song?....... Yep delete all is all you get :notallthere:

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
I have an album that has the first song for a Moody Blues album on it with the wrong artist. How that happened is beyond me. I also have that same album in its entirety so it did record. Weird. I also thought I might want to remove some songs on an album I don't want to listen to or I might want to delete an album or that mistake. Guess I will just have to live with it.

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
I have an album that has the first song for a Moody Blues album on it with the wrong artist. How that happened is beyond me.
More then likely the meta data (somewhat hidden text on the music file is mislabeled).

There are free tools to look at and update the meta data. Just be glad you don't have four different spellings of Van Hallen (van hallen, Van Hallen, VAN HALLEN or VanHallen....)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts