Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

Here's a little video I captured on our road trip to Western Europe. My girlfriend holds the top speed record >:) She managed to go 290 kmh while this video captures 282 kmh. The car was very good at this speed and the brakes were awesome to stop it from there. However, the sun roof felt like it wanted to peel off! There was like half an inch of opening at that speed between the sunroof and the car roof. The pressure just somehow started lifting it up. Another Dodge flaw I guess...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cr4BRnXJ-1s&feature=youtu.be

I also added a few cool images from the trip. Yes, we drove on the Nordschleife (Green Hell) and yes, it's Keegan with the red 2015 SRT from this forum :) It was awesome that we managed to meet there. The Camaro guy is a random French fella who happened to be there and wanted to take a picture.

I will post some Nordschleife videos in another thread.

Attachments

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Its A8 indeed.

I thought perhaps the sunroof alignment isnt good so the front portion is leaking and begins to act like a wing?

·
Premium Member
333 Posts
Nice, I have had to travel to germany for work on my old job, definitely miss driving the autobahn, must be a blast in the challenger.

Any modifications to the suspension?

·
Registered
2015 SRT 392
2,806 Posts
Thanks for the video! :cheers:

Would venting the sunroof help? It would keep the roof from trying to raise because it vents the interior pressure and it's up already.

The downside is that if it's not interior pressure and something about the flow of the air around the car, then the roof might blow off.

Just a thought.

·
Registered
2016 Challenger SRT
3,735 Posts
I'm glad you have that much faith in your girlfriend's driving. I wouldn't be caught in the passenger seat with my wife driving through a McDonald's drive through.:surprise:

·
Registered
930 Posts
People I've talked to who have taken their SRTs near top speed all say that models with the sunroof do get noisy (the roof tries to open due to the low pressure caused by high-speed air flowing over one side and higher pressure of the still air against the underside). They also say its very stable. The engineers claim that the stock SRT splitter is good for 80-ish pounds of downforce at 130 mph, which isn't shabby for a factory setup on a non-exotic. Most passenger cars tend to generate *lift* at speed, not downforce at all! Not sure I'd want to go that fast with the smaller splitter on older R/Ts, though.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Thanks for the replies! :) Been fun reading them. My girlfriend is actually a car mechanic and works on supercars and luxury cars, mostly Bentley and Lamborghini. And she has become well respected by the owners since she is very careful and precise at her work. I am very confident when she drives - I was the one who scratched a wheel on the Challenger :(:( She hasn't on any of our cars. She used to drive the Challenger last year a lot when I had my Jeep SRT but now we sold her Chrysler 300C Hemi (2005) and bought her a nice low miles 2012 Charger SRT8 so she has her very own SRT now.

I was thinking of venting the sunroof but then again I thought it might do more harm than good. I kinda dislike sunroofs but sometimes I do enjoy the vent. I didn't choose the sunroof myself, it was already on the brand new fully loaded car I bought from Germany.

It's cool that my Challenger was the very first 2015 SRT to be registered in Europe. They are still very rare here. There is just one more Hellcat in Estonia, no 15 or 16 SRTs that I am aware of.

You must be jealous for the autobahns for a reason. They are the coolest roads for every car fan. At least there's something cooler in Europe compared to the States :D Go try them in a rental when you can!

Regarding suspension - the car is completely stock so far.

·
Registered
166 Posts
My girlfriend was able to clock 50km/hr over, resulting in a 7 day seizure of both my 15 RT and her license lol. This was last year though lol.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Nice! But is it just me or did it not seem like 175mph? Seemed so calm, and how fast where the trucks on the right going?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts