Seat - drivers mainly , dirty & haven't been able to get clean
Scratched behind drivers seat
Splitter chipped
Door sill plates scratched

Attachments

·
Premium Member
541 Posts
I'd have all the issues addressed. No reason for the car to be delivered in that condition.

·
Premium Member
2019 Hellcat Redeye in white knuckle with silver stripes
1,121 Posts
My Mopar sill guards have alot of scratches, it's unavoidable unless you just don't use the car.
That's what they're there for, right?:scratchhead:
You can try to get the splitter replaced warranty, but if you have more than just a few miles on it that will be tough to convince the dealer you did'nt do it.
Same goes for the scratch on the seat back.
Enjoy that awesome beast and don't fret the small stuff:thumbsup:

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'd have all the issues addressed. No reason for the car to be delivered in that condition.
Spoke with one dealer here & he said cosmetic stuff is all
the responsibility of the selling dealer
I asked about the corroded lock & he said it's "lot damage"
& to take it back , Corroded metal is lot damage ??..WTF
Besides like yeah pal I'm going to take it from NY to Indiana ?
That's why I hate dealing with the Long Island dealers
1st NOT one of them had an IE (if they even knew what it was)
2nd if they did they'd want 60K for it

Anyway sent my selling dealer an email with the pics & will wait on his reply

It's not like it's major issues but geesh man ...these guys need to step it up.

·
Registered
399 Posts
However you guys can judge for yourselves & tell me if I'm being anal

Door lock , corroded/ pitted with some rust
Splitter chipped
Some of these are likely going to happen under normal use so it is up to you if you want to have the dealer address them. This is how I see it:

Door lock , corroded/ pitted with some rust - you can clean this up yourself, or have them address it. Must have been all that snow in the north when it was sitting at GE :)

Can't see any dirt in your pics.

That is a pretty nasty scratch. You may well get something like that under normal use, but they could easily swap out the seat back and address that for you.

Splitter chipped
This is the big one. Get them to replace this!!!

This will probably happen under normal wear anyway, but I can't tell how bad the scratches are. The point of the door sills I think though are that they get scratched instead of your paint, and they are easily (although not cheaply) replaced.

So in some instances you are being slightly anal, and in others you are totally justified :)

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My Mopar sill guards have alot of scratches, it's unavoidable unless you just don't use the car.
That's what they're there for, right?:scratchhead:
You can try to get the splitter replaced warranty, but if you have more than just a few miles on it that will be tough to convince the dealer you did'nt do it.
Same goes for the scratch on the seat back.
Enjoy that awesome beast and don't fret the small stuff:thumbsup:
I hear ya , just that , I want to be the one to scratch the sills , dirty the seats & bottom out the splitter !!:crbaby: ;)

·
Registered
62 Posts
Hey i would say you have some serious issues but they will say scratch and chip done by you after left dealer bu i would be p-ss-d off

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
However you guys can judge for yourselves & tell me if I'm being anal

Door lock , corroded/ pitted with some rust
Splitter chipped
i wouldnt have accepted any of these things...let alone all of them..

you forgot to mention the loose seats...they look bad.....if my seats look like that i wont be accepting it...

the door lock shouldnt corrode unless it was under salt water for a year....thats unacceptable that its even possible....

$50k is a very high price for these cars.....you should get near perfection for that price....

the only thing id accept is the door sill scuffed....i cant see how badly its scratched, but if it had a mark on it id let it go....all the rest of the stuff id have fixed or id walk....your not being Anal.....you accepted those baggy seats....i wont be accepting mine if they look like that

when i was 19 i bought a new car and never looked it over before accepting it...the next day i noticed tons of issues(scratches,etc)...i brought it back and they said i must have caused them (it was 12 hours later- 8pm to 8am)....i later found out it was in an accident, had a whole new front end and was sold as new (it was legal in WI back then)

now before i accept a new car i walk around it 2-3x and examine it up and down....there's always a scratch or scuff somewhere, but i wont accept too much...i would have caught all your issues before i accepted the car....look your next car over better...

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My deal was pretty much sight unseen & they also took my trade sight unseen . At the time this was the only IE I saw equipped xactly like
I wanted & there's still not too many.
When the car arrived from 900 miles away It would've had to have been
something really egregious for me to turn it away
I'm hoping some local dealer will take car of a few issues
Regarding the lock metal, even if it was out in the snow for a month
it shouldn't have oxidized that quick
The loose fit of the seats was covered & I expected that going in
maybe it will prevent cracks :scratchhead: ?

Overall I'm cool if they warranty the splitter , rear seat panel & change the lock .

·
Registered
49 Posts
I agree with huggytree. You shouldn't have to accept this, I'm sure Dodge will sort this out. I've never had trouble with stuff on warranty.
I'll be doing a long check over of mine, with camera in hand for photos of stuff that needs sorting. Like others I've learnt the hard way. Not gonna happen again.
I'm amazed at the number of in transit damage we are seeing with the IE's. With the debacle with delivery times after striping and damage, dodge really need to look at their logistics division. It would be so good to be able to have the option of white gloves, platinum, next day delivery. It'd be worth it.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
I'd be upset enough to take it in to a couple dealers if necessary to find one that will take care of the major items for you. Like most of the others, I think the splitter should be replaced, you shouldn't have a crack/split that obvious on a newly delivered car. It could have gotten damaged getting it on or off the transport truck and the original dealer wouldn't have known about it. I find it hard to believe they passed it when they inspected it prior to transport. The door sills, you can replace those yourself if you think the scratches are too much, you can't avoid scratching them, it is pretty much what they were designed for. The scratch on the rear seat back, you can probably cover it with back to black treatment and you'll hardly notice it, i certainly wouldn't freak out because of it. At the worst, replacing it won't cost a fortune, and it can be done when you get around to it, hardly anyone is going to be looking back there, not when everything else you have is awesome.

I'd ask for the lock to be replaced. It shouldn't be rusting yet, and that should be covered under warranty, i believe the car has rust protection, and who actually uses a key to open the door locks in these cars anyway? It would be easy to fix on your own, some tape around the hole to protect the paint, some steel wool, then a shot of clear coat to protect it, and it would be good for a long time.

The loose fitting seat cover is an easy fix by any interior shop. The seats come out in less than 10 minutes and a competent technician could tighten up the covers for you for a minimal amount. Keeping them white on the other hand is going to be a challenge. I can ask my interior guy what is the best way to clean a white leather seatcover, i haven't talked to him in a month but i'm overdue to go say hi soon. I figure i'll probably do it this weekend sometime.

Don't sweat the small details, but definitely get dodge to take care of the big items, like the splitter, a new 50k car shouldn't have damage on delivery. If they know you're flexible on the little items, they'll likely be alot more willing to work with the bigger items.

When mine arrived off the truck, it had a small chip in the paint near the grill, something i would have been upset about if i was at the dealer picking it up, but had to be flexible as the car was purchased sight unseen. It wasn't something i couldn't fix with a little effort on my part. In truth, it took me less than 10 minutes to fix it a week later. I scratched my glovebox door when i took the radio out to put the lockpick on, i did it so i'm responsible for fixing it, a little armor all and it pretty much disappeared, hardly anyone else notices it, even if i do.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
I agree with huggytree. You shouldn't have to accept this, I'm sure Dodge will sort this out. I've never had trouble with stuff on warranty.
I'll be doing a long check over of mine, with camera in hand for photos of stuff that needs sorting. Like others I've learnt the hard way. Not gonna happen again.
I'm amazed at the number of in transit damage we are seeing with the IE's. With the debacle with delivery times after striping and damage, dodge really need to look at their logistics division. It would be so good to be able to have the option of white gloves, platinum, next day delivery. It'd be worth it.

Most of the paint chips (of course not all) that people are reporting could have been avoided with just some simple packaging like this.

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
Spoke with one dealer here & he said cosmetic stuff is all
the responsibility of the selling dealer
I asked about the corroded lock & he said it's "lot damage"
& to take it back , Corroded metal is lot damage ??..WTF
Besides like yeah pal I'm going to take it from NY to Indiana ?
That's why I hate dealing with the Long Island dealers
1st NOT one of them had an IE (if they even knew what it was)
2nd if they did they'd want 60K for it

Anyway sent my selling dealer an email with the pics & will wait on his reply

It's not like it's major issues but geesh man ...these guys need to step it up.
Did u try "herbee dodge" service dept?? They are usually more "accomodating" than most LI Dodge dealers in my experience...

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
hey upgrayedd, cool "goat" pics, I have a lo-mile orange '06 myself......:thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
My deal was pretty much sight unseen & they also took my trade sight unseen . At the time this was the only IE I saw equipped xactly like
I wanted & there's still not too many.
When the car arrived from 900 miles away It would've had to have been
something really egregious for me to turn it away
I'm hoping some local dealer will take car of a few issues
Regarding the lock metal, even if it was out in the snow for a month
it shouldn't have oxidized that quick
The loose fit of the seats was covered & I expected that going in
maybe it will prevent cracks :scratchhead: ?

Overall I'm cool if they warranty the splitter , rear seat panel & change the lock .
when you add up all the problems it is egregious

i let my salesman know ahead of time what my expectations are.

·
Registered
3,532 Posts
btw, those door sill scratches are caused by the weatherstripping contacting the edge. I know cause mine got them too within a week of installing them and I know I was anal about not touching them as i got in or out of the car. It happened from opening and closing the door.

did you pick the car up or have it shipped to your house?

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
hey upgrayedd, cool "goat" pics, I have a lo-mile orange '06 myself......:thumbsup:
Thanks they're not showing up today anymore. I wonder if I mod removed them? :scratchhead:

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
So far my dealer has stepped up & offered to send me any damaged part.
They ordered a new splitter for me & I asked if they can add a bottle
of the mopar recommended cleaner & they said NP.
I will try & find a dealer here on LI to warranty the rest.
If the lock & rear seat panel get changed I'll be satisfied.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts