Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is my T/A build.
Started out with a plane Jane SE. Ya I know it's an SE but I needed to stay within my budget more than I needed the power, besides it is really my wifes car. Spent about $2,000 out of my pocket to get it to this stage. Frist I changed the wheels to Boss. Then I put the T/A stripe on it. At this time I wanted to put duals on it like the T/A in front of the rear wheels but that is not possible without a lot of expense so I made a cutout in the lower rear valance behind the rear wheels and had duals ran out there. Next came regular stuff ( fog lights, chrome gas door, rear wing). Then came the biggest expense, the hood. Luckly I can do the painting myself and saved a few bucks. About all that is left is to lower it.
I know it's just a lowly SE but my wife and I love it.

Attachments

·
Registered
9,350 Posts
That's a great job, and looks really nice. You just showed what "Rot Rodding" is all about.

Myself, I'm not a "fan" of the TA hood. I think that the stock hood is a true work of art visually, but that's just me.

Those 338's just look "right". If my RT Classic didn't have the Heritage wheels on it already, 338's would be on my list without a doubt.

Don't put yours down because it's a SE. That ride of yours is going to turn a lot of heads, and put a ton of smiles on your faces.

Well done and a Challenger to be proud of.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Nothing lowly about it, all Challengers are nice! Now you have one that is unique. You could even go with the fake hood pins. :)

I think you did a nice job:thumbsup:

·
Registered
460 Posts
Looks great! :bigthumb:

Don't consider your car a "lowly SE". Even the SE is one of the sharpest cars to drive out on the road today!

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Sharp looking car and welcome to the forums.

·
Administrator
17,155 Posts
Looks awesome! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Car looks great man. Whether its an SE, RT, or SRT8 its a Challenger and its cool! Also very cool that you and your wife can enjoy it together. Well done.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts