Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am happy with these numbers on a completely stock automatic Srt8 with only 4000 miles. I am hoping for a 11.50 1/4 since my car ran 12.85 at 109 bone stock on all season tires. I already ordered my Weld drag wheels 17X10 with 275/50/17 M&H drag radials and I will be getting the matching 17X5 skinny fronts in a few weeks. What do you guys think about the dyno numbers and do you think that the additional 150rwhp will get a mid 11 sec pass at E-town??? I will be picking the car up today at 11am from Josh.

·
Registered
298 Posts
nice numbers! congrats man. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Might have considered a TC to soften the hit on the rear axles or upgrade the rear axles. Beautiful installation.anyway.If it were mine I'd just park it at the track with the hood open and let the crowd slobber all over it!!!

·
Registered
289 Posts
Looks great, enjoy....

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
How do you plan on fitting 17" wheels over your Brembo brakes?
Josh at Highhorseperformance has the correct Weld wheels for our cars and he also has his own wheels which are a little nicer but cost more so I went with the Welds, I purchased the 17X5 skinny fronts and 17X10 rears..M&H 185/55/17 front and 275/50/17 rear...not cheap at around $2500 total shipped for the complete set with tires and lugs.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I picked it up at 11am, Josh had the car washed which made me happy as soon as I saw it, its been a long two weeks and I was having withdrawls without it. When Josh popped the hood to show me the blower it was stunning to say the least, its a beautiful piece and the HHP install was immaculate. The razors edge dual pod is also a very nice piece and the Autometer NV gauges look nice. The car feels quick and drives well but I am curious to see what its going to run. My wife took it for a spin and couldnt believe how docile it was with a light foot. When I got home the rear M&H racemaster tires i ordered were at my front door but no Welds yet. I was tempted to go to E-town tonight with stock tires but it started to rain by me and I really want to test her out with the sticky tires. I took it for a quick spin around my block with traction off and all I saw in the rear view mirror was a cloud of smoke!!! Josh has it set to shift at 5900-6000 on the street but I want to try out the 6400 shift and see how that feels. When it stops raining I will post some pics and video of her running. I think Im going to go in the garage and install the drive shaft safety loop...Does it ever end???

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Just raised my shift points with predator and took her out for a cold run because I have only had her out hot...I rolled into the throttle slowly with traction completely off and hammered it, the 1-2 shift was sick!!! The car went a little sideways and spun for at least another 20feet into second..
I was at 100 in a blink, I may hit e-town today or 2morrow for a couple of runs, its going to be hard to wait for my wheels and I dont want to get arrested in the street...
I am starting to get excited but I still have to see some numbers at the track before I praise the KB's performance. Josh and his crew at HHP did a wonderful job on the install and I would highly recommend them.

·
Premium Member
356 Posts
Lots of fun!! Can't wait to hear about your track runs.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Congrads man! Im looking forward to hearing how she dose for you. There's a rt that comes to a track near me and iv seen it run 11.8's with a maggie and nittos so im sure you will be able to do decent if you can get that monster to hook up!

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Took her out for a few runs at E-town today...I am still waiting for my drag wheels but I went ahead and tried it on the stock tires, My first pass I had the car in dyno mode which turns off traction and abs completely and I raised my shift points...wasnt pretty, I tried to walk it off the line easy but still got some spin, 2.14 60' then I hammered it and on the 1-2 shift it totally broke the tires loose and headed for the center line sideways so I had to lift!! When I got back to the pits I took it out of dyno mode and figured I would leave traction on and see what would happen, only let it cool for 10 minutes so it was still hot but I gave it another shot, pulled a 1.97 60' but could feel the car lagging, the 1-2 shift was controlled by the traction control and the car posted a 12.296 at 115.37mph. I waited another 10 minutes and ran my final pass with traction still on, 1.919 60' and a 12.186 at 115.18mph. The track temp was 81, humidity 42 and BARO 2965. I cant wait to get back there with my drag wheels and skinny fronts to see what it really can do!!

·
Premium Member
4,384 Posts
you ain't going nowhere on street tires with a kenne bell, your crazy for even tring lucky you did'nt crash the car up.

A TC will not soften up the shifts thats bad advice.

The KB makes so much low end TQ you don't need any more stall than stock, you think you have traction problem now put a TC in it and you'll be going nowhere fast.

been there done that. leave the stock stall in the car. ask Lowlife if you don't belive me or ask Tim.

What boost # is it making?
Why did'nt you up grade the fuel rails and put a cross over on? cheap insurance if you ask me.

Where are your AF's at WOT?

Tracy does great work and he's a cool dude also. Good Luck with it
won't be long and you'll be buying pulleys and belts, I got 4 pulleys and a Ford Tensioner for sale when your ready to pump it up.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I have been running her hard on the street so I was ready for the 1-2 shift at the track, I was hoping the track prep would help but it obviously didnt. I think my last 60' was pretty good for street tires at 27psi.

Yea no TC for me...The car is running 8psi and Josh said its really fat. He also said he left some power on the table to keep it safe, so we will see. I already bought the upgraded tensioner from Adam and the belt is very tight..I know there are a couple different tensioners out there but im not sure which one I have, I know I paid a couple hundred bucks for it though. As far as upgrading, not me. I need this car to last so if Im losing 20-30 hp to keep it safe then thats the way I will go. Mid to high 11's is all I want and I think with my new wheels and some good air Im there.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
4,384 Posts
sounds just like me a 1year and a 1/2 ago.
All I wanted to do was run low 11's
Now look at me.
If I were you I'd start putting money away for a BES short block.

·
Registered
406 Posts
^^ lol ohh to funny john!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.