Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 196 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My key fob went missing last night and i've been looking for it like crazy all day today. The thing is that I last saw the key last night on my seat but when i got to the place where i was going to, i couldnt find it. Today, i figured out that even when i dont have my spare key, the car turns on but only if both doors are closed. If one door is open, it will not start or the key is not detected leading me to belive the key is inside but i've checked everywhere!!! Parts and service is closed till monday morning!! So who believes i'm screwed? Haha any info on something similar would be appreciated!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
264 Posts
Same problem, found mine between the passenger side sitting on the rails taking a ride back and forth when I moved the seat. Stuck my big hand between seats and it fell off. It's in the car somewhere.

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
Try reaching in between the upper part of the seat and the lower cushion. If it slid between this part of the seat it can fall onto a small shelf / panel on the back underside if the seat.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I would use the spare key and take the car for a drive and then have someone else walk away with the spare key. Then try and start it. That will tell you if the key is in the car and not just in the area you park your car.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I would use the spare key and take the car for a drive and then have someone else walk away with the spare key. Then try and start it. That will tell you if the key is in the car and not just in the area you park your car.

I did this test many times! I would leave my spare at my house and I would go several blocks from where i left the key and park somewhere and wait then try again and it turns on! But only, like i keep repeating, when both doors are closed. AAAHHHH !!!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
477 Posts
It would say key fob not detected, its gotta be in there somewhere. Let's us know where you end up finding it

1 - 20 of 196 Posts