Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
3,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I took my Mopar 10 to the track today. The car is BONE STOCK from the factory. NOTHING is done to it with 1000 miles on the clock. This was with full weight and 3/4 tank of gas. DA was +300 most of the day. Best run was a 13.205 @ 105. I believe I can get a better time with a better DA. It would have been nice to get a 12 out of a bone stock R/t. :) Here are the slips.

·
Registered
3,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What do you have that stock R/T don't with the Mopar 10? Great times good to see another good driver
Only thing that really might help the Mopar 10 is the Mopar cold air intake and the functional cold air hood. This car is extremely easy to drive compared to my Procharged SRT8 Charger I had. :)

·
Premium Member
1,746 Posts
I took my Mopar 10 to the track today. The car is BONE STOCK from the factory. NOTHING is done to it with 1000 miles on the clock. This was with full weight and 3/4 tank of gas. DA was +300 most of the day. Best run was a 13.205 @ 105. I believe I can get a better time with a better DA. It would have been nice to get a 12 out of a bone stock R/t. :) Here are the slips.
It looks like you were getting that take off dialed in... :thumbsup: :icon_cheers:

I'm guessing you still haven't gotten to drive it too much, so it will be interesting to see how it does when it has a few more miles on it.

At least you have a track open... I have to wait until the end of March.
But I'm pretty sure I won't be hitting a 13.2 with this 6sp on my 1st four tries.

·
Registered
3,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I gotta say that I am impressed with the 5.7L. So was the guy in the auto SRT8 that could only muster a 13.38 @ 106 with a 2.02 60ft. DOOHHH!!!

·
Banned
1,540 Posts
Way to represent! Work on getting your 60' down and you should go 13 flat or better. I've seen stock R/T's in the 13's all the way down to 13.1. These are way better drivers than I am lol.

Jack

·
Registered
3,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well, I dont think I can get any better than the 1.95 60ft that I got. I had the PSI the way the car comes from the factory. It was on the edge of spinning with that 60ft time. They are Eagle F1's. LOL. I know I can get a better time with some better air. What kills the STOCK auto cars is the torque management. It is definately a 12sec car without it. I am shooting for a 13.0 or better with the car bone stock. We will see what happens. Ill bag down the tires a bit, maybe that will help a little on the 60ft. I was running the tires at 33psi on the rear just to see what I could get the way the car is when driving around town. If I put them to 25psi maybe a 1.8x 60ft can be done with the F1's. It will be hard because the air down here in FL. is just gonna get worse as time goes on now. Its starting to heat up a bit.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Great times for sure. Getting 1.80's on any factory tires will be trying at best. the F1's are way better than the RSA's, but probably not enough to stcik with the TC off in order to get that 1.80. I just managed 2 more sub 2sec 60's yesterday on my RSA's down to 28psi and I can't imagine getting any better than that. I am leaving a good bit on the table as I roll into the throttle and it still tries to break them. This 5.7 has made a believer out of me and they hold their own for sure.

Better tires and no TC and 12's will be easy. Or just throw a tune on it.

·
Premium Member
559 Posts
I know my Mopar 10 is awesome but I think you are due much credit as a driver. I probably couldn't beat Larry the Cable Guy with mine due to inexperience.
But everyday driving? Man, it's sweet!!!
Keep up the good work. I'm having a few things done to mine but still 'stock' and I'll let you know how it turns out.
Cheers man!! :guiness:

·
Registered
227 Posts
Very nice times. Looking forward to my first trip to the track with my '10 R/T Classic.

·
Registered
251 Posts
I know my Mopar 10 is awesome but I think you are due much credit as a driver. I probably couldn't beat Larry the Cable Guy with mine due to inexperience.
Keep up the good work. I'm having a few things done to mine but still 'stock' and I'll let you know how it turns out.
LOL, who cares about larry the cable guy. You had a heck of a run and I am sure there will be more. I didn't realize the 10's came with the F1's.
Sounds good and good luck, there is no doubt you will see your 12's. I see you are in SC. You should bring it up to Rockingham in April for Mopars at the Rock. There should be a good turnout for challengers.

Take care

·
Premium Member
24 Posts
That's a nice run for bone stock, man! I can't wait to get to the track out here but it's going to be a little while longer, but since I'm way inexperienced I probably won't even come close to that.

·
Registered
235 Posts
I agree, that is some good driving

·
Registered
380 Posts
I would interested to know how fast a stock RT could run in the 1/4 if it had a hop-not kit or whatever it (another kit besides a hop-not) took to make it hook on street tires. It is pretty obvious that you have to be careful how you get into the throttle when you run the Challenger RT at the strip. You might not be able to totally stand in the throttle with a RT with the addition of some sort of traction aided device. But I would be interested to see how much of a difference in et it would make. I think it is all that is really needed to get an otherwise stock RT in the 12's. They are many out there that are within 3 tenths of a 12 second time slip.

·
Premium Member
559 Posts
I would interested to know how fast a stock RT could run in the 1/4 if it had a hop-not kit or whatever it (another kit besides a hop-not) took to make it hook on street tires. It is pretty obvious that you have to be careful how you get into the throttle when you run the Challenger RT at the strip. You might not be able to totally stand in the throttle with a RT with the addition of some sort of traction aided device. But I would be interested to see how much of a difference in et it would make. I think it is all that is really needed to get an otherwise stock RT in the 12's. They are many out there that are within 3 tenths of a 12 second time slip.
Guys, I've got to start a new thread on my Mopar 10 mods. When I first got the car, I thought it was a beast, now I know it is a complete monster! Most of you will probably laugh at this 66 yr old man who doesn't know how to drive an auto stick but after I left the shop today, I would shift well before the redline and the tires 'chirped' (or spun) at every shift!! The front end rose up in the air like a funny car dragster at every shift! It is awesome! (no super charger or predator) After I did this once, I had to come home and change pants....... :smokin:

1 - 20 of 42 Posts