Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday I was able to purchase a Dodge Dakota SXT to add to my Challenger and 200. Filling my garage with Mopars I had aspirations of purchasing a Ram1500 but couldn't find one in my price range. I'm happy with our purchase. 20180505_151855.jpeg

Sent from my LG-M322 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Yesterday I was able to purchase a Dodge Dakota SXT to add to my Challenger and 200. Filling my garage with Mopars I had aspirations of purchasing a Ram1500 but couldn't find one in my price range. I'm happy with our purchase. View attachment 911338

Best part is the regular cab......in a world full of crew cabs and super cabs.....it's always nice to see a "regular" as they were meant to be pick up truck.:icon_cool:

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Omg thank you, I feel that way about trucks and about Jeeps. I understand why a jeep owner with family or a truck owner with a family need 4 doors. Then I still feel they don't belong. I've loved a regular cab with short bed forever.
Best part is the regular cab......in a world full of crew cabs and super cabs.....it's always nice to see a "regular" as they were meant to be pick up truck.:icon_cool:

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Omg thank you, I feel that way about trucks and about Jeeps. I understand why a jeep owner with family or a truck owner with a family need 4 doors. Then I still feel they don't belong. I've loved a regular cab with short bed forever.

Can't speak to the "jeep" thing but I do like the regular cab trucks for more than just the look. Trucks today have just gotten so DAMNED BIG......LONGER is my biggest issue with them. Sucks to maneuver them in tight situations. ...... and when dd trucks get so tall? I park this truck in a barn in my avatar behind my Challenger anyway so it really doesn't matter but pulling into that garage in the back ground of the picture of the truck would be impossible.....the door height is too low. When did that happen?

My winter ride, trips to home depot and the dump runs.....all happen in this 2017 Ram 1500. Finding a 4 wheel drive in this total blacked out package was tougher because I wanted the regular cab. Lot's of 4 doors were available in my area but actually had to buy from a dealer 50 miles from home to get this one at a good price. There just weren't as many regular cabs around in the area to play dealers against each other without expanding my search.

Attachments

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I know what you mean about finding any regular cabs and I'm a short guy when I had my 1500 it was a climb to get in daily. I had a 2011 White Ram 1500 4x4 that I loved but traded for my Challenger. Then I missed every time I'd see something I wanted to pick up to bring home. I just couldn't afford having a 3rd car payment so I chose to get my Challenger.
Can't speak to the "jeep" thing but I do like the regular cab trucks for more than just the look. Trucks today have just gotten so DAMNED BIG......LONGER is my biggest issue with them. Sucks to maneuver them in tight situations. ...... and when dd trucks get so tall? I park this truck in a barn in my avatar behind my Challenger anyway so it really doesn't matter but pulling into that garage in the back ground of the picture of the truck would be impossible.....the door height is too low. When did that happen?

My winter ride, trips to home depot and the dump runs.....all happen in this 2017 Ram 1500. Finding a 4 wheel drive in this total blacked out package was tougher because I wanted the regular cab. Lot's of 4 doors were available in my area but actually had to buy from a dealer 50 miles from home to get this one at a good price. There just weren't as many regular cabs around in the area to play dealers against each other without expanding my search.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts