Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Greetings Challenger brothers! I am now one of you, thank Jesus Christ!

I just purchased a 2014 Challenger SRT 6 speed base. I seen it on the truck with 10 miles, I was the first test drive and I was immediately in love. Yes, I wanted the fully loaded with navigation and etc. but A: they didn't have one and B: Chrysler only approved me for 39K.

Yes, she is stripped with a junk radio, no heated seats, no auto headlights, and etc. but I swear it was way faster than the 2013 that was loaded (also stick) and that had 3500 miles.

As of right now, she is bone stock. I am completely embarrassed because I stall out every now and then and when I stop here and there I can smell the clutch burning, BUT! in a week I promise I will be a pro.

Plans:
Paint the SRT logo in the wheels bright red
Paint the SRT logo in the steering wheel (at the bottom) bright red
Plasti-dip the chrome fuel cap flat black. (why plasti-dip? it peels right off if I get tired of it)
Exhaust
Windows
Tuner
Learn to master clutch again and do all the tricks I used to do when I was a kid with a stick

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,641 Posts
Looks good.

Greetings Challenger brothers! I am now one of you, thank Jesus Christ!

I just purchased a 2014 Challenger SRT 6 speed base. I seen it on the truck with 10 miles, I was the first test drive and I was immediately in love. Yes, I wanted the fully loaded with navigation and etc. but A: they didn't have one and B: Chrysler only approved me for 39K.

Yes, she is stripped with a junk radio, no heated seats, no auto headlights, and etc. but I swear it was way faster than the 2013 that was loaded (also stick) and that had 3500 miles.

As of right now, she is bone stock. I am completely embarrassed because I stall out every now and then and when I stop here and there I can smell the clutch burning, BUT! in a week I promise I will be a pro.

Plans:
Paint the SRT logo in the wheels bright red
Paint the SRT logo in the steering wheel (at the bottom) bright red
Exhaust
Windows
Tuner
Learn to master clutch again and do all the tricks I used to do when I was a kid with a stick
I didn't realize the Cores came with Vapor Chrome wheels. I paid extra for mine. I like those oversize 392 emblems. You might consider placing a 392 Hemi Badge on the hood. Some have done it (there are photos on this site). I eventually will. From the side, it looks just like my car. A pair of Red Kat Skin seat covers would really look nice with those red accents you plan on adding.

·
Registered
2,674 Posts
Congrats and welcome aboard!

·
Registered
426 Posts
Hi Tony.

Congrats and welcome!

·
Registered
456 Posts
Welcome and nice ride! I think the rims I have and the vapors are the best available, just my opinion of course. Tint that thing it looks a lot meaner when its done. The chrome fuel door had to go, to me it just stands out way too much on a black car, draws all the attention to it instead of the rest of the car. Youll get the stick down, this is my first stick...ever.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
c26bt34c: Somebody ordered it with those wheels, then backed out and lost his deposit. That was the selling point, I mean she is stripped but those wheels was what made it pop. The red skins sound like a plan.

6Gears'N'Leadfoot: I got a can of plasti-dip, and plan on blacking out the fuel door this Saturday. I will post pics. If I can mask the wheels and etc. good enough I will get red engine paint and do the wheels and steering wheel this weekend also.

Reactions: c26bt34c

·
Premium Member
2010 Challenger SRT8
634 Posts
Welcome from Wa State!

If you're on Facebook, come check out the Black Challenger Group. Exclusive to current and former owners of any generation Black Challenger! If you ask to join, PLEASE have a pic of your car that can be seen at the Public level. We screen every applicant. No Publicly viewable pic of your car means we'll ask what you drive and expect a reply before joining you.

·
Premium Member
N/A
1,814 Posts
Welcome to CT from Michigan

·
Premium Member
2014 Challenger SRT Core
552 Posts
Congratulations on your new ride,good luck,could have used you years ago for some old obsolete manual steering box shafts.

·
Premium Member
2,009 Posts
Welcome to the Testosterone Zone. :smokin:

·
Administrator
17,155 Posts
Congratulations and welcome aboard! :)

·
Registered
7,268 Posts
Welcome to CT :)

·
Premium Member
876 Posts
welcome, you might want to purchase a "Skip Shift Eliminator" $20 on ebay. Keeps the car from force shifting from 1st to 4th.
That is something they did to get better gas mileage but it is terrible. You can learn more about it on this site with a simple search. :indifferent:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts