Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Feast you eyes and fantasize:

The Pioneer head unit and Sirius radio are already installed. I'm waiting on the wiring kit and the two 10" subwoofers to be delivered next week.
Then a shop will make customized enclosures for the subwoofers in the trunk. The amps will have a 1 Farad capacitor to avoid overwelming the charging system (granted the HEMI has a 140 amp alternator and should have no problems on its own.) Insurance to keep the lights from dimming.

This setup will cost less than half of Chrysler's top of the line sound system yet be superior in every way.

Comments, compliments or critisisms welcomed.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Feast you eyes and fantasize...
This setup will cost less than half of Chrysler's top of the line sound system yet be superior in every way.

Comments, compliments or critisisms welcomed.
How do you like the unit as far as features and navigation and does the bluetooth work okay for the phone? Looking at this unit on Crutchfield and debating it.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Never understood this. Do you have Sound Grp. II? If so, how could you possibly need anything better than that? Not putting you or your project down or anything, just a simple question.

·
Premium Member
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How do you like the unit as far as features and navigation and does the bluetooth work okay for the phone? Looking at this unit on Crutchfield and debating it.
This unit isn't equipted with navigation (but for a nice price, it can be). I prefer to use my tried and true Garmin NUVI GPS units. As for the Bluetooth; that part is exceptional.

Never understood this. Do you have Sound Grp. II? If so, how could you possibly need anything better than that? Not putting you or your project down or anything, just a simple question.
As for my choice, my R/T came with the bottom of the line radio. Not even satellite ready. Besides, I like to outfit my sound systems to what I like. Being iPod compatable is a must, as is having an USB port for jumpdrives filled with entertainment. I must have Sirius so I can listen to 80's music or FOXNews at any given time. I also must be able to play it loud enough to be able to hear it since a Motley Crew concert permamently damaged my hearing. I'm quite good at picking components and having kick-ass sound systems. I've placed straight Alpine systems in my '79 Vette, my '95 Vette, my '03 Subaru has a Kenwood head unit pushing four Infinity speakers and my liquidated '06 Mustang had a complete Alpine system with Infinity speakers.

So now I want to go with more grunt, hense, the mono amp and subwoofers.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I just got that unit intstalled today they had to do some shaving on the inside because they said it didnt fit but other than that the unit is great i have the avh3200dvd without the blue tooth i have a kicker mono and a kicker 4 channel amp and i have on the way infinity kappa 6x9 and polk audio 6.5s coming in on monday cant wait to change the speakers out

·
Registered
653 Posts
As for my choice, my R/T came with the bottom of the line radio. Not even satellite ready. Besides, I like to outfit my sound systems to what I like. Being iPod compatable is a must, as is having an USB port for jumpdrives filled with entertainment. I must have Sirius so I can listen to 80's music or FOXNews at any given time. I also must be able to play it loud enough to be able to hear it since a Motley Crew concert permamently damaged my hearing. I'm quite good at picking components and having kick-ass sound systems. I've placed straight Alpine systems in my '79 Vette, my '95 Vette, my '03 Subaru has a Kenwood head unit pushing four Infinity speakers and my liquidated '06 Mustang had a complete Alpine system with Infinity speakers.

So now I want to go with more grunt, hense, the mono amp and subwoofers.
I got you, good luck with it!

·
Premium Member
559 Posts
From this and other threads, don't spend money upgrading the base sound system. Mine base system came with Sirius and I use the aux in to play my iPod music.
Since upgrading the Kicker system costs about $12-1400, what could I get for the Mopar 10 2010 Challenger? Any suggestions?

Ah, one requirement, if the original radio is removed and replaced, the 'carbon accent' bezel must remain. Is that possible? (Obviously I know nothing about car stereos although I once owned an Eclipse = Awesome) Thank you for your thoughts.

·
Registered
235 Posts
From this and other threads, don't spend money upgrading the base sound system. Mine base system came with Sirius and I use the aux in to play my iPod music.
Since upgrading the Kicker system costs about $12-1400, what could I get for the Mopar 10 2010 Challenger? Any suggestions?

Ah, one requirement, if the original radio is removed and replaced, the 'carbon accent' bezel must remain. Is that possible? (Obviously I know nothing about car stereos although I once owned an Eclipse = Awesome) Thank you for your thoughts.
I went to the stealership yesterday to price getting u-connect and IPOD intergation added to my Mopar-10, price was $480 + tax. Ordered a new headunit( P3300BT) this morning from Amazon for $359 which has both Bluetooth and IPOD controls along with other features. Going to install Sirius also. So for about the same amount, I'll have a new updated Headunit more fitting for my car then the RES system it came with. Next step will be new speakers, but that has to wait.:guiness:

·
Registered
534 Posts
If you're wanting to keep the factory CD Player check into the Rockford Fosgate 3Sixty or the JL Audio CleanSweep. I'm installing the RF unit along with Image Dynamics Speakers & Amplifier(s) and a JL Audio Stealthbox. I wouldn't spend the money on the Mopar/Kicker equipment personally, it's way too expensive for what it is...

·
Registered
235 Posts
I went to the stealership yesterday to price getting u-connect and IPOD intergation added to my Mopar-10, price was $480 + tax. Ordered a new headunit( P3300BT) this morning from Amazon for $359 which has both Bluetooth and IPOD controls along with other features. Going to install Sirius also. So for about the same amount, I'll have a new updated Headunit more fitting for my car then the RES system it came with. Next step will be new speakers, but that has to wait.:guiness:
Total cost of installation was $475+tax, so the headunit went back to amazon. Guess we will see what happens

·
Premium Member
559 Posts
If you're wanting to keep the factory CD Player check into the Rockford Fosgate 3Sixty or the JL Audio CleanSweep. I'm installing the RF unit along with Image Dynamics Speakers & Amplifier(s) and a JL Audio Stealthbox. I wouldn't spend the money on the Mopar/Kicker equipment personally, it's way too expensive for what it is...
Thanks for the info sir. I don't really want to keep the Factory CD Player (except in a box for resale originality later), I just want the new system to fit without disturbing the carbon bezel surrounding the factory system. Is this possible? (not to disturb the dimensions of the mounting space?)
Thanks again

·
Registered
404 Posts
Yea, they can put a double din radio in there without cutting the carbon fiber.

As for the Fostgate 360, this thing ROCKS, made my stock 730n sound like a top of the line Kenwood. NO SHIT!! Completely customixable through the bluetooh adapter right to your laptop.

If you want to check out my sub and amp install, check out my website(about my challenger), it has alot of info about it.
Jeff

·
Registered
534 Posts
Another great thing about the Fosgate 3Sixty is that it can move from car with you, no matter what car you buy. It's definitely an option worth looking into. As for mounting an aftermarket CD player in the stock location, there are several options available, you'll just need an adaptor.

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
I WOULD NOT purchase the 360.2 anytime soon. Rockford is releasing the 360.3 soon, which is sopposed to be better than the MS-8.... If it's anything close to the MS-8... WAIT for it lol... I have the MS-8 and it's amazing.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
When I got my Challenger, with Sound Group II, my first impression was it didn't sound as good as the same setup in my '08 Charger. A recent listen to a friend's Charger confirms this, it's just not as clean as the Charger's audio is. I'm looking to change out the speakers in it as soon as possible, and add some sound deadening when they do it. I had JR speakers in my Ram and they really sounded great.

·
Premium Member
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Time to show off my installed audio equiptment:

The Pioneer Head Unit: Bluetooth and Nav ready.

-----------------------

The amps - one for the subwoofer, one powers 4 speakers:

------------------

The 10 inch Powerbass subwoofer:

---------------

Not shown: Internal amplified antenna - the antenna in the back glass is weak and not acceptable. Also the Sirius receiver is not shown.

It sounds pretty good. I'm happy with it. I'm ready for comments, compliments and critisisms.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts