Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited by Moderator)
If so I recently purchased a 2015 RTI absolutely love the wheels on it but being as I believe that their 8" wide I can't go wider than A255 tire does anybody know if anyone makes this exact same rim in a wider width so only have to buy 2 of them for the rear and not the whole car I only want to go with like A275 but I do drive my 8 year old daughter rounded and I wanted to be safe
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Tread
Tire Wheel Vehicle Window Car

·
Registered
2015 SRT, 6 Speed, Sublime Green
2,148 Posts
Not sure if an aftermarket option exists. There are companies that will take your 8” wheel and widen it.

·
Premium Member
4,583 Posts
Welcome to the Forum from Alabama. I am assuming those are factory wheels. You might reach out to Luke @ Steve White Motors. If they ever made them wider, he would know.
Congrats on the new ride. Good luck!

·
Premium Member
10,424 Posts
If so I recently purchased a 2015 RTI absolutely love the wheels on it but being as I believe that their 8" wide I can't go wider than A255 tire does anybody know if anyone makes this exact same rim in a wider width so only have to buy 2 of them for the rear and not the whole goddamn car I only want to go with like A275 but I do drive my 8 year old daughter rounded and I wanted to be safe
How about your daughter needs her father so even if you never put her in the car you should still be concerned if it was remotely a safety issue.

Reactions: Judd1

·
Registered
768 Posts
I'm changing mine from OEM 9" (19.7 offset) to 8.5" (15 offset). Same tire width, less weight. Fills the wheel well same as the 9" + increased air flow to the rotors.

·
Registered
2019 F8 Green 1320
73 Posts
I would find a set of the dynamics package wheels that are 9.5" wide and use those. You can probably get away with a 295 tire, which is what mine had. I have a second set but I keep them for the drag strip, if I ever get a chance to go. Look around and you may be able to get a decent deal on some, or go with reproductions. Like mentioned before, don't try to stretch a wider tire on a rim that is too narrow because you may be worse off that way.

·
Registered
2018 Challenger R/T Plus - Billet Clearcoat
785 Posts
I had those wheels on my RT and no they dont make those in 9".
I ended up getting Scat Pack wheels on mine with tires for $200 from a co worker. I did have to replace the front tires though but still a great deal.
Still have the back tires on it.

Better install Rock Guard/ Flaps so you dont damage the rear quarter panels with stuff thrown up from them.
I have 275's on mine and dont have that problem. Which is good, i dont like the flap guards. Reminds me of old people cars that had them in the 70's with those whiskers on them for curb feelers lol.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts