Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I may not have a job after 2007, I work for Kraft Foods, the worst run food combany in the country, They are laying everbody off all over the country.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Transam87 said:
I may not have a job after 2007, I work for Kraft Foods, the worst run food combany in the country, They are laying everbody off all over the country.
Not to sound like a complete fatalist but in reading around it looks like a catastrophic real estate meltdown is due in the next couple of years when the exotic (eg, ARM) loans that everyone seems to be taking out these days re-adjust. And along with it possibly bank failures and deep recession. Its claimed that the stock market bubble of 2000 was replaced by a housing bubble when the fed pushed short term interest rates through the floor. :( Hopefully these new Challengers have buyers when they debut.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I work in a date center, all the IT guys will be gone, Kraft whats to farm out all the IT work, but it may cost to much, I hope.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Unfortunately, we all hit the "what if no job tomorrow" syndrom. I was all set to buy a 96 Grand Sport conv. Then wammo, no job. It took this long to regroup to buy a new car again. Here's a tip: If you plan on financing the new Challenger, borrow from your 401k first. Maybe you can pay for the whole thing if you have enough $ in it. Here's why. If you lose your job, you don't have to pay back the 401k loan, just the taxes due at the end of the year as if it were a payout. If you borrow $40,000 (that's assuming you have $80,000 in there) and you lose your job, the only money due would be taxes on the $40,000. Should be about $10,000 depending on your tax bracket. Now you may be out of work for a little while, but you didn't have to sell your dream car at a loss because you couldn't make payments on it.

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
Transam87 said:
Well, more people are learning to eat more healthy food,natural ingredients and not the list of junk these types of companies are making and wanting {50% of Americans are way overweight :eek: }most of us to cram into our bodies, like MSG, preservatives,food coloring, partially hydrogenated oils [ which adheres to and/or hides in our bodies.all the while our Government entities are hiding things ;info from us like Vitamin B-17 , a known Cancer preventative or cure ! anyway, maybe Whole Foods store might be a good choice. Heck, I wonder or hope DCX is reading all this, so they can hire all of us to help build the Thousands of 2008 Challengers ! I'll sure volunteer to be a test driver :) !

·
Registered
973 Posts
firstmethod said:
Not to sound like a complete fatalist but in reading around it looks like a catastrophic real estate meltdown is due in the next couple of years when the exotic (eg, ARM) loans that everyone seems to be taking out these days re-adjust. And along with it possibly bank failures and deep recession. Its claimed that the stock market bubble of 2000 was replaced by a housing bubble when the fed pushed short term interest rates through the floor. :( Hopefully these new Challengers have buyers when they debut.
Gee, should I shoot myself now, or should I wait for the "inevitable" to happen first? You talk about one NEGATIVE post.

Transam- You may want to start looking for a new job now though. Get a step up and leave when you find something.

·
Registered
184 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
You can bet the fat cats in there ivory tower will get there bonuses and illegal kickbacks. Remember the 3 main motivators, 1st-money then power then prestige. My wife worked with the so called "upper crust" for years . She quit when she couldn't sell 1 box of girl scout cookies. Now works for the Red Cross. Wait til they need blood.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok guys, we have to kill this thread, I was told this forum is just for info on the new Challenger, and I agree.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts