Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
very nice .... glad to see RKSport jumping in ..... we need more companys doing stuff for us

·
Registered
1,972 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,346 Posts
The most important part is to have plenty of help so I'd have two people hold it while you unbolt it.
The next thing is to test fit the new one and make sure it's not warped or otherwise compromised before you paint and install it. If you have any issues get a body shop to help or you can damage it and then need to do it all over.
Good luck, post pictures, I'm sure it will look awesome. Unless the hood will be black against a different color body you may need to have the fenders blended to match which ends up needing a shop to do the entire job.

·
Registered
2013 Core
820 Posts
If you're anywhere near Toledo Ohio I can give you a hand. I've probably installed hundreds of hoods. :p

Does this hood channel air to the factory air box? I was on their website and couldn't tell from the pics on my phone.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
1,448 Posts
I always fold up some thick towels and lay them in the cowl area near the fender to help protect the windshield in case the hood slips back.

·
Registered
3,310 Posts
Got delivered today..Ready for this cold rainy weather to clear up so I can test fit it (hopefully no problems) and then take it to get painted.. View attachment 125353 View attachment 125361

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Question to you or anyone with a TA hood: I see there are two holes (one on either side of the scoop), do these get filled in or just painted over and left as part of the construction of the hood? My concern would be that filler would crack over time with the hood flexing when opened and closed.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Question to you or anyone with a TA hood: I see there are two holes (one on either side of the scoop), do these get filled in or just painted over and left as part of the construction of the hood? My concern would be that filler would crack over time with the hood flexing when opened and closed.
I could be wrong but I think those are for the windshield washer fluid sprayers.

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
do not install the hood latch until you have the hood aligned.

Those two holes are where the windshield washer nozzles go.

·
Registered
34 Posts
It never hurts to put some painters tape down on the edges of the fenders and cowl to protect from a BOO BOO. Good luck it should look awesome when your done. Good Luck.

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
If I could do it again, I'd go without the holes for the nozzles. I think I drove Steve at AFR crazy saying drill / don't drill about a dozen times while my hood was being produced.

·
Vendor
12,262 Posts
expect as much as 10 to 12 hours prep time before paint to make it perfect, even the best glass hood will require extensive prep in order to make them look perfect
Luke

1 - 20 of 34 Posts