Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well I finally got the mechanics number who owned the car I purchased from the dealer (he is the dealers mechanic that works on their hellcats) - super nice guy and he filled me on what's in the car?

WOW this has a ton in it - I'm jacked!!

Stainless Works long tube headers with 1 7/8 primaries and high flow cats
Rear muffler or resonators have been deleted
Unlocked PCM
Diablo Sport Tuner
Comp Cams 274 cam with vvt limiter
Arrington 84 mm throttle body
Barton short throw shifter
Mopar CAI
Mopar front and rear strut tower braces
Speedlogix skip shift eliminator
High Horse Performance did the tune
Mopar black fuel door and grill bezels
Black lug nuts and hellcat center caps
Mopar performace lowering springs
Hellcat ram air intake on the front headlight
Hellcat red start button
Right side air vent is out of a hellcat as well (srt logo on it)
275 Nittos all around

Sweet!!!

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts
I bet you got a deal on it too huh? You know....................I am VERY happy for you. A picture or better yet a video so we can hear would be awesome! Congratulations by all means. How did you come upon this car.............

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I bet you got a deal on it too huh? You know....................I am VERY happy for you. A picture or better yet a video so we can hear would be awesome! Congratulations by all means. How did you come upon this car.............
Thanks SilverScat!! I sold my RT 5.7 M6 in July - told my wife I would wait a couple years and go buy a Scat. Well I couldn't help but shop for one only 2 months later. So in the beginning of October I came across this one up in WI. I live in MI. Called the dealer as it was listed at 36,500 with 20K miles on it. Expressed interest but not too much interest and said just let me know if you want to sell it. Watched him drop the price every couple weeks and would call occasionally. In November he really started to drop the price. When it came down to 32,500 I called again. He wouldn't budge on the price so I went away again. Then the last week in November he brought it down to 32,000. I called the salesman and drove up there on the last day of November - walked out the door at 31,700!! I couldn't believe it. I did have the car fully checked out prior to purchasing and as you've probably seen from one of my other posts the mechanic was in love with it - said he's never seen such an immaculate car and threatened to buy it if I didn't.

This may be the one time I really got a fantastic deal on a car from a dealer and a awesome car to boot!! Feel so lucky! And I have a good relationship now with the previous mechanic owner who said to call him anytime should I need anything. Does it get any better than that??? :smile::smile::smile:

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Silver how do you list the car mods on your profile?? I like what you did in terms of being able to list the specifics on your car - can't seem to figure out how to do that. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

·
Registered
599 Posts
Congratulations, sounds like you got a Great deal on a nicely modded car.

When you get a chance, post some pic's.

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Congratulations, sounds like you got a Great deal on a nicely modded car.

When you get a chance, post some pic's.
Will do - soon as I uncover and take out of storage for winter I'll take some shots and post them. Thanks for your kind words! By the way, that is a killer looking Challenger you have - white was really the only other color I would consider. Beautiful car man.

·
Premium Member
2016 Scat Pack
882 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,335 Posts
Silver how do you list the car mods on your profile?? I like what you did in terms of being able to list the specifics on your car - can't seem to figure out how to do that. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!
Click on the icon in the upper right that says "user CP".

From there, click on the 'settings options" on the left. Then click on "edit signature". Then you can add any comments you want.

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks SilverScat!! I sold my RT 5.7 M6 in July - told my wife I would wait a couple years and go buy a Scat. Well I couldn't help but shop for one only 2 months later. So in the beginning of October I came across this one up in WI. I live in MI. Called the dealer as it was listed at 36,500 with 20K miles on it. Expressed interest but not too much interest and said just let me know if you want to sell it. Watched him drop the price every couple weeks and would call occasionally. In November he really started to drop the price. When it came down to 32,500 I called again. He wouldn't budge on the price so I went away again. Then the last week in November he brought it down to 32,000. I called the salesman and drove up there on the last day of November - walked out the door at 31,700!! I couldn't believe it. I did have the car fully checked out prior to purchasing and as you've probably seen from one of my other posts the mechanic was in love with it - said he's never seen such an immaculate car and threatened to buy it if I didn't.

This may be the one time I really got a fantastic deal on a car from a dealer and a awesome car to boot!! Feel so lucky! And I have a good relationship now with the previous mechanic owner who said to call him anytime should I need anything. Does it get any better than that??? :smile::smile::smile:
Ya know your right, really wasn't trying to brag sorry if it came off that way - just excited to finally hear what's in the car as I had it for a few days before having to store for winter and didn't get a chance to look into it. Many people on here have much nicer cars. Sounds as though you were taking a sarcastic dig at me. No worries have a great day and year!

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts
Sure, go to the top of the page. Tools, then user cp. Look on left for signature. Bingo! Good job negotiating on your car.
You got very lucky to find that particular one. I had a wonderful experience too. Traveled but not that far.
The best of luck to you!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts