Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife and son ROCK !!!!! They got me a set of SRT8 Bilstien shocks w/all the hardware AND a brand new set of Mopar Performance Lowering Springs for my birthday !!!!!!!!!
I just had them installed and it looks GREAT !!!! Im at work know and cant drive it yet,but a few more hours and ....:) !!!!!
Man, I cant wait !!!!
I would like to thank Laurie,Brad,Scott,Rob and Bobby !!!! I look foward to ridin low on the way home !!!!! Thanks guys !!!!!:bigthumb:

Attachments

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
Administrator
17,155 Posts
Don't forget to get an alignment . Looks good our cars should come
This way...
Ditto on the wheel alignment. Looks great! :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
616 Posts
Very nice! A repay of the love and you offer to your wife & son. Your proud I'm sure!

·
Premium Member
116 Posts
Wow! Nice stance! I agree with the other. Ours cars should already come stock that way. How much did the springs lower the car?

Thanks, Jorge

·
Premium Member
1,746 Posts
Since you just did all this I have a quick question...

Can you use the same "links" for attaching to the sway bars?
Or did you have to upgrade them (or maybe included with the sway bar kit)

·
Premium Member
423 Posts
:smokin::bigthumb:

·
Registered
Dodge Challenger Hellcat
961 Posts
I used the same links when I did my SRT8. The front end alignment is a must.

·
Registered
Dodge Challenger Hellcat
961 Posts

·
Registered
468 Posts
Ditto on how much it was lowered. Looks awesome!

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well, its settled a little, it looks like it about a two inch drop actually.Ill measure it when I get a chance.
Thanks for the kind words guys,I really love the way it looks and it handles great !!!!

·
Registered
812 Posts
That's a great looking ride height. I'll be interested to read of your impressions, pros and cons, after you've had a chance to live with it for a while.

I lowered my old Audi A6 and while I loved the way it looked, I wasn't a big fan of the way it rode after that; way to much bounce going on.

I haven't yet read a review of a person who was unhappy with a Challenger drop, so I suspect your experience will be the same.

BTW, very cool of your family to come up with that kind of present. Nice!

Pix of my lowered Audi (before and after):

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
So are the Mopar springs a 1 inch drop?
After measuring mine now and haveing a friend measure his stock R/T Classic it seems that they are a 1.5"- 2" drop...My cars front center wheelwell sits @ 29" and the rear is @ 29.5".The R/T Classic sits at 31" all around...hmm....:scratchhead:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts