Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2010 SE
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally gave up the factory head unit after 4 years. Got a Nexus 7 2013 LTE to put in. Friend has a local car audio shop, so he does fiberglass work (very good work). Now I can listen to Spotify or Google Play Music as well as use Google Maps anywhere without having to worry about my phone being plugged in through AUX or in the charger.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Very nice install. I was thinking of doing the same but just upgraded the stock radio for a jvc kw v50bt and so far it's good. I can mirror it with my phone but would prefer no wires

·
Registered
13 Posts
This is exactly what I was going to do with my tablet. I made a post a while back but didnt get any responses. Could you please give more detail about how it was installed? would your friend be willing to make more radio bezels? Right now i just have my tablet velcroed to the dash with an AUX jack running from the tablet to the factory stereo

·
Registered
477 Posts
Just need to Neffy wrap and you're good to go! Great job.

·
Registered
2010 SE
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This is exactly what I was going to do with my tablet. I made a post a while back but didnt get any responses. Could you please give more detail about how it was installed? would your friend be willing to make more radio bezels? Right now i just have my tablet velcroed to the dash with an AUX jack running from the tablet to the factory stereo
It slides in and out from the right side. There's a USB power cable that sticks out from the left so it can always charge. That cable runs through the center console into the arm rest to a charger.

I'm sure he would.

·
Registered
13 Posts
It slides in and out from the right side. There's a USB power cable that sticks out from the left so it can always charge. That cable runs through the center console into the arm rest to a charger.

I'm sure he would.
What method did he use to get sound? Thats my biggest issue.

I read that you can cut the tabs off of the factory radio and slide it back a few inches and mount the tablet in front but im very hesitant to hack up the factory set up

·
Registered
2010 SE
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What method did he use to get sound? Thats my biggest issue.

I read that you can cut the tabs off of the factory radio and slide it back a few inches and mount the tablet in front but im very hesitant to hack up the factory set up
I use Bluetooth to an aftermarket head unit.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts