Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Challenger 1320
2,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
EDITED UPDATE: Same dealer (I reference its name in Post #10) who STILL has this Mopar Shaker on the lot at $47k now also has a TorRed 6M Shaker #1245...for $45K...

Oh, FYI - This same dealer, who is a large volume Dodge Viper dealer in the Woodbridge/Manassas area of Virginia, told me they will be attaching a premium to their allotment of Hell Cats.

I just got back from ordering my 2015 R/T Scat Pack 392, but look what I found on the Dealer's lot!...

A 2014 Mopar Shaker

Black, 6M

No. 16 of 100 made...

...almost, almost made me re-think my 2015 purchase (but it didn't, it's STILL available).

·
Registered
2019 Challenger 1320
2,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
How much are they asking for it
I believe they're asking $47k + for it, but to be honest with you, I had just signed the paperwork on my 2015 Order and was to amped up to pay close attention (aside from the pictures)...plus I had to get myself away from there cause it was tempting...soooooo tempting....

PM me if you want and I'll tell you who the dealership is and where.

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
Mopar 14's are nice, but the 5.7 is under powered, lets face it. you won't regret waiting for the 392, that's for sure!

Reactions: rumpass and ghostrt

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Mopar 14's are nice, but the 5.7 is under powered,
Pretty subjective statement you made there, I'm sure plenty of folks feel the 5.7 makes plenty of power for their needs.

·
Premium Member
10,505 Posts
Pretty subjective statement you made there, I'm sure plenty of folks feel the 5.7 makes plenty of power for their needs.
I have a 392 and would have been plenty happy with a 5.7 but couldn't find a yellow 6 speed classic with a sunroof.

Reactions: rajunz

·
Registered
2019 Challenger 1320
2,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
'Folks' would be wrong. 5.7 is a joke at highway speeds, an embarrassment for a 'modern' muscle car. Left in the dust by it's competitors---- you know who AND what. It's not nice to hear it, i know. The torque does a nice job down low, but the lack of H/P, along with it's 200 to 500# weight disadvantage kills it. Mash the pedal at 60 or 70, and send some texts....i know, i drive one. Thankfully, Dodge has turned the tables on the compi, and given R/t owners the engine they deserve, at a reasonable price. you know what that is too.....

Reactions: rghoskins

·
Registered
55 Posts
I'm sorry, but 47k is an outrage for a 5.7 R/T. Chrysler really pushes their luck with some of these Challenger prices. The strange thing is they only over charge for the Challenger. Every other car in their fleet is priced "competitive" aka cheap. Even the SRT Charger is reasonable.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I have white version number 5. They are fun cars. I was under $40 on mine. I like tuning Mopar did on mine handles well with that power set up with manual. I like the blue on black look and black on black interior. Mine has black pins I think that would have looked better on that car all black with no chrome.

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
I'm sorry, but 47k is an outrage for a 5.7 R/T. Chrysler really pushes their luck with some of these Challenger prices. The strange thing is they only over charge for the Challenger. Every other car in their fleet is priced "competitive" aka cheap. Even the SRT Charger is reasonable.
I'm thinking there's some baked in "dealer-screw-me" pricing built into that car by the dealer...that's $7,000 over starting price. I'll admit to being ignorant as to the available options on this particular car...but I can't think of $7,000 worth of factory options on it considering all that came standard on the Mopar 14.

There's one on EBay right now at another dealer. The auction actually says the MSRP is 44,565, but they're selling it for 51,565. Translation: If they sell it, the car will never a single mile of actual road-use. Sad.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I didn't know they made these in black as well, though they were all white. I got the '14 Shaker, but now that the '15 is announced, and there's the 392 option with Shaker, I'm kinda regretting getting anxious and buying the 5.7 and not waiting. I was going to order a 15 anyway, but the dealer called me and told me a '14 Black Shaker, black interior, Super Track Pack, Manual, had just arrived off the truck. It was exactly what I wanted. I love my car, but that extra power sure would have been nice. I definitely know the feeling of lag at higher speeds.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Don't get me wrong, the challenger R/T Shaker is a beautiful beast of a car, really sticks you to your seats, I definitely have a problem for wanting more of that raw power. There's nothing more exhilarating than punching it in the lower gears, and it taking off like nobodies business, in the higher gears, it just doesn't have the same punch.

·
Registered
116 Posts
a black one here for $41k but that`s overpriced ImO. Lots of options they dont have vs the mopar 10`s

·
Registered
247 Posts
The Black MOPAR 14' in the Original Post has added the MOPAR Hood Pin Kit.

This White MOPAR 14' doesn't have the MOPAR Hood Pink Kit installed:

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.