Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was on the list at 12 dealerships in four states. Their allocations were between two and eight cars. Pricing ranged between $5,000 to $35,000 over MSRP, with the guy at $35,000 saying he didn't even want my business since he was doing a dealer purchase on all of his allocation. The only at MSRP or below sale I'm aware of is a dealership GM who was buying the car for himself. Seems few of the dealers I talked to care little about the expedited delivery program for MSRP or lower sales.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Sorry to hear about your experience. I had been on a list with my local dealer whom I've only rarely been able to purchase from them because they don't really give deals since they are the only ones in the proximity. I have only successfully purchased vehicles for my wife and those are no brainers. She wants, she gets. lol. Anyways I had approached several times in the coming weeks about their position on markup and he wouldn't really answer it. they have 4 allocations and on Tuesday I told him to please come straight with their position on markup. Well they said they were only going to mark them up 20k, haha. I thanked him and advised him I would no longer pursue purchasing the Demon through them. I called 3 other dealers and all had the same position. Strangely I wasn't that disappointed. I started getting excited about getting a 392 T/A I guess half the price is exciting to me. So last night I get a call from a small dealership 90 miles away. The GM was calling me and told me he had two allocations. I was in a meeting and told him I would call him back. I called him this morning and as we discussed my position on markups he offered me a discount! I was shocked to say the least. Well after he ran that through the owner she didn't agree with him LOL. They agreed to honor MSRP and I made the 90 mile drive signed the long waiver, had it notarized, listed my options and left my 2k dollar deposit. I walked away with my order sheet with my name on it and an VON which will be used to track the progress of my Demon. Needles to say I am excited. Mine will be TorRed, Leather Seats, and the full dollar menu.

Now the wait..........

p.s. Love Dodge in Alice, TX has one more allocation, it's gonna go FAST

·
Registered
460 Posts
Was on the list at 12 dealerships in four states. Their allocations were between two and eight cars. Pricing ranged between $5,000 to $35,000 over MSRP, with the guy at $35,000 saying he didn't even want my business since he was doing a dealer purchase on all of his allocation. The only at MSRP or below sale I'm aware of is a dealership GM who was buying the car for himself. Seems few of the dealers I talked to care little about the expedited delivery program for MSRP or lower sales.
I bought my '16 SRT392 off the showroom floor last July. They ordered it for someone else and it was only there for a few weeks. Got about $3k off the sticker, no rebates at the time. Haven't regretted buying the car or possibly leaving a little money on the table. Got 2yr/4 oil changes in the deal.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Got lucky with my dealer I guess; I had never purchased a car from them before but they are located in my community (Mak Haik Dodge in Georgetown TX). They had the maximum allocation of 5 had taken orders for two prior to mine, top 5 in US in SRT8 392 charger sales. I ordered my demon last Thursday (great manager) at MSRP plus the $1 options and a few other goodies. This dealership was interested in serving this area initially. The manager has called me twice since then, I think they probably sold the remaining allocation for many 30k over MSRP. I think I got lucky for once. I'm excited!

Called SRT HQ in Auburn Hills, the rep told me that she had been receiving calls complaining of MSRP 60K at a lot of dealers. Apparently the "dam" of supply / demand finally broke a couple of days after sales started.

·
Premium Member
311 Posts
I bought my '16 SRT392 off the showroom floor last July. They ordered it for someone else and it was only there for a few weeks. Got about $3k off the sticker, no rebates at the time. Haven't regretted buying the car or possibly leaving a little money on the table. Got 2yr/4 oil changes in the deal.
This has what to do with purchasing a Demon?

·
Registered
936 Posts
Got lucky with my dealer I guess; I had never purchased a car from them before but they are located in my community (Mak Haik Dodge in Georgetown TX). They had the maximum allocation of 5 had taken orders for two prior to mine, top 5 in US in SRT8 392 charger sales. I ordered my demon last Thursday (great manager) at MSRP plus the $1 options and a few other goodies. This dealership was interested in serving this area initially. The manager has called me twice since then, I think they probably sold the remaining allocation for many 30k over MSRP. I think I got lucky for once. I'm excited!

Called SRT HQ in Auburn Hills, the rep told me that she had been receiving calls complaining of MSRP 60K at a lot of dealers. Apparently the "dam" of supply / demand finally broke a couple of days after sales started.
I think you are wrong. Mak Haik dealer network is known for MSRP deals. I bet the dealer policy is not to mark them up. So, probably all 5 sold at MSRP. Ask the Manager next time you talk and then report back. I bet you a Pepsi.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Purchased my Demon on 6/21/2017. Only option I got was the leather seats and of course all the $1 options. The color I picked was Indigo Blue, which means I will get the car later than everyone else, but I am not in a rush. My local dealer only had one allocation and he sold it at MSRP. I had bugged him far in advance and had already made a purchase from him for one of his vehicles. They called me as soon as the Demon was made available to them. They told me that another person had called them two hours after I had committed. Cecil..........

·
Registered
23 Posts
Try this one, ordered mine first day available signed and initialed 4 page agreement at msrp. Got a call from my salesman asking if i was still getting it as he heard they were going to sell it to someone else for 20k over. Went to stealership to check it out with the gm, he said he never agreed to sticker even though paperwork had been signed and said both of their allocation was to be sold at 10,000 over and i said no way. At this point you could spend thousands on attorney or negoiate so finally agreed to 2k over to save bail money. Took 2 months to get von number and only communication is going there. I have been building and racing mopars for 40 years currently own 3 srt vehicles and 2 mopar classics so wanted the car. The demon hotline is of little use so will see where it goes. The dealership is JIM Browne in Dade City, Fl. Their service department is great and have helped me with 2 of the srt's with blowers. When I called srt hotline they were furious but said dealers are indepent so little they can do. My von is 39478508 if anyone has connections to see where the build is at as dealer could care less. Oh, they took deposit a couple months before you could order. Once car is in hand I will deal with this. Hope most people had a better experiance.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Try this one, ordered mine first day available signed and initialed 4 page agreement at msrp. Got a call from my salesman asking if i was still getting it as he heard they were going to sell it to someone else for 20k over. Went to stealership to check it out with the gm, he said he never agreed to sticker even though paperwork had been signed and said both of their allocation was to be sold at 10,000 over and i said no way. At this point you could spend thousands on attorney or negoiate so finally agreed to 2k over to save bail money. Took 2 months to get von number and only communication is going there. I have been building and racing mopars for 40 years currently own 3 srt vehicles and 2 mopar classics so wanted the car. The demon hotline is of little use so will see where it goes. The dealership is JIM Browne in Dade City, Fl. Their service department is great and have helped me with 2 of the srt's with blowers. When I called srt hotline they were furious but said dealers are indepent so little they can do. My von is 39478508 if anyone has connections to see where the build is at as dealer could care less. Oh, they took deposit a couple months before you could order. Once car is in hand I will deal with this. Hope most people had a better experiance.
This is what the Demon concierge says

WE ARE PROCESSING YOUR ORDER
Your order has been received and is being processed. Keep in mind, SRT Demon production starts in September 2017 and runs through Q1 2018*, so your order will remain in this status until we have assigned a VIN and prepped the vehicle for build. This may not happen until Q1 2018. Be sure to check out our SRT Demon Teaser Videos, Wallpapers, Ringtones and so much more!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts