Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My R/T's first "field trip" or enjoying the back roads of the Texas Hill Country

My wife and I take an annual trip to the Texas Hill Coutry for our anniversary. It's about a 4 hour drive and we take the back roads to just enjoy the experience, hit a few antique stores and such.

This year we took my new R/T Classic . . . . what a joy to to drive down the winding, hilly roads of this area. Got her up to 120 a couple of times, cruised at 100 and she took the zig zags without a hitch. In fact I told my wife that my new favorite road sign is the "zig zag curve warning"!

anyway, just wanted to share my experience . . . . other than cleaning the bugs off the front it was a great!

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Yeah buddy! That's what they are made for right there!

Damn the suicidal bugs and drive it!

·
Banned
5,768 Posts
yeah, been doing that Hill Country cruise for about 6 years in all of my vehicles.

those winding roads are awesome.

what route did you take - there are so many of them.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah, been doing that Hill Country cruise for about 6 years in all of my vehicles.

those winding roads are awesome.

what route did you take - there are so many of them.
We usually take the standard 174-67-281-290 route
but this time I stayed on 174 through meridan then took 22 to hamilton and wound up on fm2005, i was using the gps in the car so it was a little "lets try this". anyway we hit hwy 16 in goldthwaite adn took it all the way to fm965 whihc goes by enchanted rock and turns into main st. it was a fun drive.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
3 Participants
Retro_R/T
Dodge Challenger Forum
Challenger Talk, the online forum for discussions, reviews of Dodge Challenger, and all things SRT, Hellcat, and Demon.
Full Forum Listing