Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car dyno tested today at 351 Rear wheel HP with 390 of TQ. Figuring 17% loss for drive-train that's 423 HP at the engine. I am happy.
The engine is Stock internals. Only mods are a K&N drop-in air filter, a oil change to Super slick synthetic, and a SRT exhaust system (shorty factory SRT headers, SRT cats and exhaust)
Stock 6speed Tune, no custom tune at all. AF was 12 to 13 for the full pull.

Made 2 back up pulls at 351.98 and 350.73. DYnojet dyno 72 deg F at 25% humidity

Now to get it to hook.........

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
more proof that the 5.7 is underrated. if we went by the advertised numbers, that would mean just those little bit of mods you did were worth 50hp compared to SRT advertised numbers!

·
Registered
207 Posts
RyanAAR,

Did you have a chance to do a base dyno? Pretty curious how much of an increase of the mods.

Thanks

Wil

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bone stock with 2k miles on it, It Dyno tested at 328 Rear Wheel HP. K & N was best HP for the $$. Next up was changing the fluids to quality synthetic products. The SRT exhaust was worth 10 HP at the rear wheels but it cost the most and took the most time to install.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Great input Ryan, do you notice a difference in noise coming from the engine with the K&N?

thanks for your input.

Wil

·
Registered
299 Posts
Not speaking for Ryan, but I didn't notice much engine noise difference at all with the K&N on my R/T.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sound didnt change much with the K&N. The SRT exhaust dosnt sound that much different than my RT exhaust. But the SRT short headers are much improved from the cast iron LOG manifolds on the RT.

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Sound didnt change much with the K&N. The SRT exhaust dosnt sound that much different than my RT exhaust. But the SRT short headers are much improved from the cast iron LOG manifolds on the RT.
with the SRT headers, is there any loss in torque throughout the powerband over the stock R/T headers? not peak torque, but down low in the RPM range. did you get a chance to look at the graph?

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The dyno pulls starts at 2500 rpm range. the Torq is flatter with the SRT headers is smooth and is above 350TQ from 2500 - 5250, with the peak TQ at 390TQ at 4250RPM

The TQ with the RT manifolds is Spikey (er) and starts in at 330ish at 2500 gets to 350TQ at 3250rpm and makes a nice hump from 3250 to 5000rpm with the peak of 371TQ at 4000RPM

The Headers made more difference in TQ going from 371 peak TQ before the SRT headers and exhaust to 390TQ after.

·
Registered
498 Posts
All I can say is I'm a believer. My car is running A-mazingly at this point in time. No SRT headers but I do got's the tune going on.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Are you just using a K&N panel filter, or the filter and inlet tube?

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Just the drop in panel filter. I would LOVE to get a stock SRT tube!! Anyone got one laying around for 50 bucks shipped??

1 - 14 of 14 Posts