Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys
I have a question.
Do you think my original suspension ( Bilstein high performance) are already lowered?(i read somewhere 1/2 inch lowered but seems even more
I know fingers are not a really precise technique but compare to other pics or videos I saw on the web it seems already low. (Btw i have nor al fingers:) )

I was thinking to get lower springs but now I have some doubts that the tires could "touch the fenders" if I lower more.

Any thoughts?

Fly

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Nope looks about the same height as mine. What does it measure from the fender lip there above your fingers to the ground? Mine is 29 1/8" with stock wheels and tires.

Sent from my SM-S975L using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
I should add that is on my drivers side. My passenger side is about 3/8" lower. And the rear is an inch higher than the front.

Sent from my SM-S975L using Tapatalk

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So Steve. Same as you.
So question 1. Is scat pack lower than regular challenger?

question 2 now is.
H&R LOWER SPRINGS. they say 1.7 inch drop. Plus some settle. I don't think I have 2 inch of space there.
Should I go woth mopar?( less drop)?

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
275 40 r20. 40means in thid case 4. 3 inch+20( wheel) +4.3. =28. 6 and fender is at 29. 5inch. I don't know

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
16,824 Posts
My understanding is there is already 1/2" lower yes. H&R and Eibach Sportlines have a bigger drop. Eibach Pro's should not cause you to be too low. Mopar Stage 1s will not.

I don't think you would rub unless your wheel offset was large, or tires oversized. The 15+ have rolled fenders stock.

A Guy

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My understanding is there is already 1/2" lower yes. H&R and Eibach Sportlines have a bigger drop. Eibach Pro's should not cause you to be too low. Mopar Stage 1s will not.

2016 Challenger Scat Pack on H&R springs - YouTube

2016 ScatPack! H&R Springs! Dropping a SCAT!! - YouTube

I don't think you would rub unless your wheel offset was large, or tires oversized. The 15+ have rolled fenders stock.

A Guy
A guy,
I have a question.
The 1/2 drop of the scat pack is because the springs or because Bilstein coilovers are shorter?

I was thinking
That if , if the ride is lower because the springs ,HeR lower springs will not add 1.5 inches to the already lower scat pack but substitute the actual drop(1/2 ) to the final one (1. 5)
So At the end the final drop will be 1 inch.
Does it make sense(with my bad english? Lol)

What do you think?

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Here's what mine looks like with H&R springs. I am running 275/40/20 tires all around.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Looks great.
How much space between tires and fenders?
Any problem of "touch" between tires and fenders?

Any problems with the

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
Looks great.
How much space between tires and fenders?
Any problem of "touch" between tires and fenders?

Any problems with the

You get two fingers in between the tire and fender. No rubbing at all and no "touch" between tires and fenders.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You get two fingers in between the tire and fender. No rubbing at all and no "touch" between tires and fenders.

Cool. Thanks
Do you do road course with the car?
Any improvment? Or just better look?

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
16,824 Posts
A guy,
I have a question.
The 1/2 drop of the scat pack is because the springs or because Bilstein coilovers are shorter?

I was thinking
That if , if the ride is lower because the springs ,HeR lower springs will not add 1.5 inches to the already lower scat pack but substitute the actual drop(1/2 ) to the final one (1. 5)
So At the end the final drop will be 1 inch.
Does it make sense(with my bad english? Lol)

What do you think?

Since the scat is lower 1/2", you will get 1/2" less drop than the spring manufacturer suggests. If they say 1.5" drop for an R/T, and the Scat Pack is already 1/2" lower, than you would get an additional 1" drop. A Guy

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Awesome thank you.
I keep you posted since I'll do this in the next few weeks.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts