Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Scat pack
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thing had a death wish and charged my car as I was doing 65 on the highway. Able to swerve a little bit or it would have went right through the lower grill area. Front splitter little cut the thing in half, did all the visible damage you'll see in pics and the front half of the raccoon ended up kicking under the car and putting a softball sized dent in my catalytic converter. Body shop can't get me in til September first either. 3800$ in damages after my 500$ deductible. Whole front clip has to be replaced etc.
Automotive tire Automotive lighting Synthetic rubber Hood Tire

Automotive parking light Tire Wheel Grille Hood

Tire Automotive tire Automotive lighting Synthetic rubber Tread

Hood Automotive tire Tire Automotive design Automotive lighting

·
Registered
2020 Challenger R/T Plus Shaker
550 Posts
Animals cause so much damage. Man! Why do they like concrete or blacktop so much?

·
Premium Member
11,108 Posts
Never swerve for an animal, my childhood friend had an uncle die swerving for a cat and hit a tree. Stand on your brakes as you’re going to need your insurance afterwards anyway.
Once you swerve you’ve changed the entire dynamic of what follows.

·
Registered
2016 Challenger R/T Scat Pack Pitch Black A8
2,356 Posts
Sorry to hear about your car. Glad it wasn't a deer. Good luck getting it fixed!

Animals cause so much damage. Man! Why do they like concrete or blacktop so much?
Squirrels out where I am put nuts on the road and pick up the remains after we drive over them. We can't figure out why whenever it rains, turtles flock to the roads?

·
Registered
Special order. 6 speed manual
2,463 Posts
It's roughly 5 hours labor (book time) to take a Challenger front bumper off, fully disassemble it, put it back together and reinstall it. That includes removing both front wheels and fender liners.

Then you need to add about $80-$100 in plastic rivets.

Start adding in parts and paint and the cost goes up fast.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Thing had a death wish and charged my car as I was doing 65 on the highway. Able to swerve a little bit or it would have went right through the lower grill area. Front splitter little cut the thing in half, did all the visible damage you'll see in pics and the front half of the raccoon ended up kicking under the car and putting a softball sized dent in my catalytic converter. Body shop can't get me in til September first either. 3800$ in damages after my 500$ deductible. Whole front clip has to be replaced etc. View attachment 1058789
View attachment 1058788
View attachment 1058787
View attachment 1058786
I would just upgrade to the hellcat bumper tbh. 3800 is a lot to repair a little bit of a bumper. I think after you get it painted it should be around 2500 for new bumper. Just a thought.

·
Premium Member
146 Posts
I once had a huge North Dakota Jack Rabbit lose his mind and charge my car while my daughter was riding with me in the front passenger seat. We both saw the rabbit come out of the ditch and he would have made it easy if he would have kept crossing, but he literally charged my car and hit me dead in the license plate. The sound was unforgettable and since it was a little Crosstrek we both felt it through our feet too. My daughter immediately starts crying and all I could think of to say was "It's okay, it's okay, he died quick...he died really quick!" She looked at me like I was a monster and then suddenly stops crying and says, "I sure hope so!" She didn't know if she should be happy or sad he died quick. My License plate was caved in like Thor punched it with his fist.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Thing had a death wish and charged my car as I was doing 65 on the highway. Able to swerve a little bit or it would have went right through the lower grill area. Front splitter little cut the thing in half, did all the visible damage you'll see in pics and the front half of the raccoon ended up kicking under the car and putting a softball sized dent in my catalytic converter. Body shop can't get me in til September first either. 3800$ in damages after my 500$ deductible. Whole front clip has to be replaced etc. View attachment 1058789
View attachment 1058788
View attachment 1058787
View attachment 1058786
I hit a raccoon on I-95 in my Honda Civic going 75 miles per hour. That SOB just looked at me and stood on its hind legs and took the hit like a champ. No joke standing on its hind legs the raccoon looked like it was 6 feet tall. It caused over $4k in damage to my little Honda Civic. I would be hella mad if this happened to my Widebody Scat. At least you are OK, that’s all that matters at the end of the day.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts