Dodge Challenger Forum banner

81 - 85 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #81
Dodge Garage is as slow as a turd going up hill as far as their updating of postings.

·
Registered
40 Posts
My scat pak shaker challenger seems to be doing what its not supposed to do.11.62 and 3.3 zero to sixty mph. All with nothing more than some tin foil, rubber tubing, and under inflated under rim sized tires!
OH and a Hemifever tune (which isn't supposed to do much).

Shall I explain? OK.

I bought this for the useless shaker hood. Traded in my 2011 5.7 RT . View attachment 977667 .. View attachment 977670 . What What a deal, for this 2016 beast I thought....as it would do 0-60 in 4.3 seconds over my rt's 4.6
seconds. BUT WAIT THERE'S MORE!

Soon the yearning began to take it to the local tack, something I havn't done in 40 years since going to the old national speedway on long island and doing 19 seconds in a v8 Gremlin. My first runs were horrific...but I was having fun! 12.737 and no better than 2.1 60 foot. Horrible...this isn't any fun. I had cars with schnitzle decals beating me...with the sales sticker still in the window. So I started reading the forums, became more confused but wound up buying a set of MT 245/35/20 dr's. That helped a bit......a very little bit!. I was able to knock the 0-60 to 1.85 avg...and my et to 12.4.

I am not a quitter so realizing that if your spinning your wheels.....your just spinning your wheels I bought some 17 inch wheels and a new set of MT's. I also invested in a Hemifever tune on a Diablo.

Ok....this all started in late June and its now mid July. Into august we got rain and no strip. I insulated the air intakes and....remember when i said "USELESS SHAKER" .... I addressed some of that deficiency.

View attachment 977664 View attachment 977665 View attachment 977666

So after that we got jiggy and decided the beat the crap outta the car the old school way. With the tune, the 17 inch mt wheels, the upgrades for ai temp...and reviewing videos 1 frame at a time....we got the essentially stock challenger 6.4 to 11.619 with 60' at 1.518. View attachment 977671 OH...and 3.3 second zero to sixty. NOW I HAVE TO FIND A HOBBY.

Oh and I sealed the massive air leak top of the cai on the shaker, installed the through grill tubing, virtually eliminating the hot air problem. I think I'm gonna work on the suspension as I still get some spin if I launch over 2000 rpm..thinking adjustable shocks to reduce recovery time on rear tires ( but what do I know?)..until I have news .......Later folks.

View attachment 977672

You can see my blog at Attn Race Fans !
Damnnnn bro kk.. this is actually ALOT to take in and YES I would love to ask some questions of you get a second and can email me directly @ [email protected].. I thought my scatpack had some fast bugs from stock b4 I touch her but hott damnnnn brotha I'd LOVE to get to pick your brain a little. Keep at it brotha. Killin it here ?

·
Registered
53 Posts
If you want a great tune, talk to Josh at High Horse Performance. Your car WILL gain HP!

·
Registered
2018 Challenger R/T Scat Pack 6.4 WK
102 Posts
Those are great times and I would bet you can take it a bit further N/A. However, IMO once you have done something to void your warranty the car is no longer stock. Tuning voids the warranty, once you have tuned your no longer stock. Running E85 is definitely not stock. Others share my opinion. Not trying to discredit you, what you have done is awesome, just not stock. That would be like a Hellcat saying the car beats a Demon and is stock, eccept the pulley swap.

·
Registered
2016 Scat Pack Shaker
605 Posts
Not trying to discredit you, what you have done is awesome, just not stock.
My Scat Pack is stock also except for the tune, throttle body, thermostat, ported intake, tazer, catless mid pipes, adjustable rear control arms, diff brace and probably some more stuff. Other than cleaning up the mess MOPAR left inside the intake no internal engine changes so I sometimes inaccurately refer to my car as being stock. 😈

81 - 85 of 85 Posts