Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
as of 11am this morning. watch the parts section for some items i need to get rid of.

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sale is on hold right now, i just dont understand people
you settle on a price and they show up 1k short.......

did they really think i would sell?
personally im a hard head and i dont need the cash and
i'm thinking maybe they were banking that i would see 17k in hand
and take it. it can sit in my garage and collect dust for all i care.

how many of you would sell or have sold for less than your agreed price?

·
Registered
9,560 Posts
A deal is a deal IMO. There's always "something" that happens in a sale.

I guess that if you "needed" the money, as the buyer may have thought, you would have taken less. But you say you don't, and said NO.

Good to see another stubborn fellow. I'm the same way. If I don't need to sell it, I keep it.

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
When it came time to get rid of my 1973 340 Dart with ALL the options including sunroof, A/C and fold down seats. I made a deal, the registration was close to be being expired and I had already sent in the money for a new sticker. The guy came to get the car, as a nice guy I said you don't even need to pay for next year's registration, I already paid for it. He notice the sticker will expire in like 3 days, yes same sticker that has been on the car for a YEAR. and want's to deduct the price of the registration from the deal. I'm all what? You are getting a FREE next year's registration. I already sent it in. What can't you understand. Nope he insisted that he would pay for it himself and take it out of the money to pay me. I just left him and his wife standing there in the driveway, went in the house and had a beer. I think after a 10 minutes or so they got the clue I was not coming out again. The next guy called me and purchased it sight unseen. He was very happy when he saw the car as it was MINT. I think I sold it for like $2800 with 60K on the clock. I sent the guy the new sticker when it came in the mail like 2 days later.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Waaay NOT kool. You already agreed on a price. Haggle time is over. Whatever happened to a persons word? Unless something happened and he was short that's dif but to show short on purpose? Not kool.

Keep it! Good job.

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
one door closes and another opens, i had so many people interested in it after listing
it in the weekly autotrader that i turned a few away after i thought i had a deal.
i called one of them back around noon and told him it fell through and asked if was he still intersted in it for the same price and he came right over and dropped a non refundable deposit off, he is meeting me at my bank at 9am tomorrow.

hate to see it go but i am in the middle of trying to buy a house in Myrtle beach
and the extra cash will put me over the top so no mortgage and once i sell the house i own here i will buy another one free and clear.

·
Banned
1,340 Posts
dang Rich!! keep me posted bro, havent heard from ya in a while.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
that seems to be a common tactic when people come to buy a car. i let it slide on a dirt cheap beater but for 1k you are doing the right thing by telling them no.

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
the car is gone and the cash is in the bank.

for you guys that are trading and letting it go cheap
try selling it outright first through an autotrader or autoshopper
type of ad.
i had so many darn calls i could hardly keep track.

i will try to list what i have here to sell in the next day or two

·
Banned
1,340 Posts
sorry to hear you no longer own one bro. :eek: puts a tear to one's eye.:bncry:

thanks for the help though. Hope you do get another one.:11:

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
congrats on being able to buy a house outright now. A house with no mortgage is cooler than any cool car

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
congrats on being able to buy a house outright now. A house with no mortgage is cooler than any cool car
hell yeah, i have been mortgage free here for about 10 years.
did without a lot for 15 years while paying this one off.
like i said im pretty much over the top now cash wise for everything i have been looking at so once this house sells that will be free and clear money

who knows what i will find, i like my old Mopars and know a great deal about them from first hand experience so maybe 70-74 will be in my future
but then i always wanted to do up an A body too.

·
Registered
9,272 Posts
Rich,

hope you'll be able to get another challenger before they quit making them.
don't quit coming around here either

1 - 14 of 14 Posts