Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let’s start off by saying the challenger is beautiful car inside and out no complaints on looks but I just bought a 2018 challenger sxt plus fully loaded 3.6 model 15 k cams were replaced and all lifters all of the heads rebuilt now at 25k same noises loud ticks and taps and the dealer ship says it’s normal won’t do anything about it I’m Stuck with this pos. Not to mention it came with a stock system sound system and it you play music above volume level 30/38 it will loose the front speakers until you restart the car what happend to this company. I will just say I know I messed up by not getting the hemi. But I’m going to get the camaro with a v8 next time around dodge lost my business

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
5,532 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Well the Hemi's are not tick free and there are a few on here that had their cams/lifters replaced. Not to mention, it is said here and by the Ram folks that the MDS will eventually cause cam/lifter failure due to the pressure drop when activated.

·
Registered
2018 Dodge Challenger T/A Plus in Yellow Jacket w/5.7L and A8 automatic
349 Posts
Great 1st post........ :rolleyes:

·
Registered
349 Posts
Sounds like it's time to "See the USA in a Chevrolet."
I’m still left scratching my head how the OP “just bought” but then had work done at 15k miles and is experiencing the same problem at 25k miles.

Obviously a used car purchase, coupled with little or no previous maintenance, or incorrect maintenance, possibly coupled with an inept dealership...

But, hey.....what do I know (or guess).

·
Registered
438 Posts
I have no idea what he even said to be honest. Can we just delete this thread? I'm struggling to find a question or contribution to the internet other than complaining.

·
Registered
349 Posts
I have no idea what he even said to be honest. Can we just delete this thread? I'm struggling to find a question or contribution to the internet other than complaining.
But......this is what the interwebz is ALL about. :geek:

Few come to any website singing their praises and happiness of their purchases. They typically just wanna complain....

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
13,273 Posts
Very seldom I see any V6 issues, period. Anything is possible individually of course. Mess up not getting the Hemi in this case only because your particular V6 had issues. Damn shame of course, but not like all V6 have issues

A Guy

·
Registered
4,567 Posts
Good luck with the Camaro. My buddy has one (2010), we went to Summit Racing Saturday in it, to pick up some "J" pipes to rework the headers on his 1950 Chevy Truck due to a new set of heads being installed. Anyway the box with the "J" pipes would not fit through the opening for the trunk and he had to stick it on the back seat. I just laughed and told him we should have brought my Challenger.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Need some specifics here. I've got a 2012 3.6 in a Charger. The things needed after 220k engine-wise are an oil pressure indicator, cats, the alternator recall, plugs, and a bunch of oil changes. Still beats the sticker on mileage as well. Only real mod is the Mopar CAI. On the other hand, recently the uconnect is buggy and I agree the stock stereo is not that good. I replaced mine with an aftermarket system.

·
Registered
9,085 Posts
Good luck with the Camaro. My buddy has one (2010), we went to Summit Racing Saturday in it, to pick up some "J" pipes to rework the headers on his 1950 Chevy Truck due to a new set of heads being installed. Anyway the box with the "J" pipes would not fit through the opening for the trunk and he had to stick it on the back seat. I just laughed and told him we should have brought my Challenger.

·
Registered
3,675 Posts
Let’s start off by saying the challenger is beautiful car inside and out no complaints on looks but I just bought a 2018 challenger sxt plus fully loaded 3.6 model 15 k cams were replaced and all lifters all of the heads rebuilt now at 25k same noises loud ticks and taps and the dealer ship says it’s normal won’t do anything about it I’m Stuck with this pos. Not to mention it came with a stock system sound system and it you play music above volume level 30/38 it will loose the front speakers until you restart the car what happend to this company. I will just say I know I messed up by not getting the hemi. But I’m going to get the camaro with a v8 next time around dodge lost my business
Thank you Ben, very cool.

·
Registered
438 Posts
My favorite part about this thread is that the noises he is referring to are likely normal valve train noise.

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
5,532 Posts
Very seldom I see any V6 issues, period. Anything is possible individually of course. Mess up not getting the Hemi in this case only because your particular V6 had issues. Damn shame of course, but not like all V6 have issues

A Guy
True, especially since this is a newer pentastar and not a earlier 2011 3.6 version.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
13,273 Posts
I don't think my V6 has ANY valve train noise :) It's really a quiet engine. With stock exhaust at idle, it's very quiet.

A Guy

·
Registered
3,675 Posts
I didn't know this phrase was ultra old-school, and a full song. I only recall Chevrolet using the phrase in the late 1970s.

They need to use bring this phrase back.
It would be considered false advertisement.

You know, since the Chevy isn't liable to make the trip. 😂

·
Registered
488 Posts
I get what you are saying, but there is power in marketing and advertising. Honestly, I grew up loving the Chevrolet brand. These slogans, "Heart best of America" "USA 1, is taking charge." are all market phrase to make me want to be a GM Engineer. That's what I told the entire class one day when the teacher asked "what do we want to be when we grow up." (I end up working for another automotive brand).

Marketing can inspire dreams. And I wish more kids today would grow up "dreaming" about cars.

It was cars, girls, and football. I don't know what kids dream about today.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts