Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2017 challenger hellcat A8
2,020 Posts
Nice photos

·
Registered
968 Posts
Very nice, I need to start attending track days now that the track is open again.

I think a few members are doing Friday night drags on the 25th of this month.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Very nice, I need to start attending track days now that the track is open again.

I think a few members are doing Friday night drags on the 25th of this month.
I will be going out again on May 3 rd to arizona motor sports park would love to see other challengers there

·
Registered
411 Posts
I would love to see more Challengers at the Road course that I do. I have only seen one since I have started doing road courses. What have you done to prep your car for your track days?

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I would love to see more Challengers at the Road course that I do. I have only seen one since I have started doing road courses. What have you done to prep your car for your track days?
The only prep I have done is stoptech 660 racing brake fluid new r1 concepts rotors and hawk hps pads. Eventually I want to do suspension upgrades

·
Registered
411 Posts
The only prep I have done is stoptech 660 racing brake fluid new r1 concepts rotors and hawk hps pads. Eventually I want to do suspension upgrades
May I suggest that you check out Whiteline products. I was a beta tester for their bushings. Also, had their front and rear sway bars. The bushings will change the way the car feels on the road. Poly bushings are harder than the rubber bushings used by Dodge, so the ride will handle better and there will be an increase in NVH. However, if you start to track your car a lot the benefits out weigh the negatives. I had BC racing coil overs on my Challenger. They are not bad for the price ($1200). However, once I got into a dedicated track car I spent $3500 on my AST 4150 set up.

BTW, I got a dedicated track car because I put way to much money into m Challenger to make it nice to just tear it all apart to get it ready for the track. If you have put a bunch of money into you Challenger I would suggest just getting a dedicated track car. The older Mustangs and Camaros will give you that V8 power your used to at the track or you can pick up a Miata (I wish I did for my first track car). You can get a Spec Miata for around $10,000 already to go out onto the track and race W2W. I have already put that amount into my Mustang and still need another $15,000 to get it were I want it for ST3(W2W)(NASA Racing).

For break pads I started out with Hawk HTC60 in the front and HP10s in the rear with Motul 600. I still use Motul 600 and now I have switched to Carbotech XP16 front and XP10 rears. Once they are done I will stepping up to XP24 fronts and XP16 rears. The more you drive the more consumables you use.

So far this year I have done 3 NASA Racing events, 1 Track guys event, and 1 ECR track day. I will be doing TWS with NASA Racing this weekend and then in May 1 ECR track day and Five Star Ford track day. This year I will be making it to the track(s) 17 times. I hope to increase that next year to at least 24 times by starting to do drivers edge, which is another group I can join.

·
Registered
220 Posts
My SRT gets hammered lol road courses as often as possible, drag strip on occasion, daily driving of course, and yes, I've even done a drift event lol
Road courses are by far the most fun, i race sportbikes also, so i may be a little biased :)

·
Registered
56 Posts
May I suggest that you check out Whiteline products. I was a beta tester for their bushings. Also, had their front and rear sway bars. The bushings will change the way the car feels on the road. Poly bushings are harder than the rubber bushings used by Dodge, so the ride will handle better and there will be an increase in NVH. However, if you start to track your car a lot the benefits out weigh the negatives. I had BC racing coil overs on my Challenger. They are not bad for the price ($1200). However, once I got into a dedicated track car I spent $3500 on my AST 4150 set up.

BTW, I got a dedicated track car because I put way to much money into m Challenger to make it nice to just tear it all apart to get it ready for the track. If you have put a bunch of money into you Challenger I would suggest just getting a dedicated track car. The older Mustangs and Camaros will give you that V8 power your used to at the track or you can pick up a Miata (I wish I did for my first track car). You can get a Spec Miata for around $10,000 already to go out onto the track and race W2W. I have already put that amount into my Mustang and still need another $15,000 to get it were I want it for ST3(W2W)(NASA Racing).

For break pads I started out with Hawk HTC60 in the front and HP10s in the rear with Motul 600. I still use Motul 600 and now I have switched to Carbotech XP16 front and XP10 rears. Once they are done I will stepping up to XP24 fronts and XP16 rears. The more you drive the more consumables you use.

So far this year I have done 3 NASA Racing events, 1 Track guys event, and 1 ECR track day. I will be doing TWS with NASA Racing this weekend and then in May 1 ECR track day and Five Star Ford track day. This year I will be making it to the track(s) 17 times. I hope to increase that next year to at least 24 times by starting to do drivers edge, which is another group I can join.
Not only will I "second" every word of the get a dedicated track car advice....I followed it! After a few MODS like yours for tracking my SRT8 I bought a race-prep mustang to wheel-2-wheel race (NASA CMC). As a matter of fact, I just got home from the track a couple hours ago after placing 3rd on Sat and 2nd of Sun. BTW: You can find CMC mustangs ,ready to race, for around $10K as well.

I like the Challenger/Charger much better which means I'm not nearly as concerned when my mustang gets a rock chip or ding.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Bringing this thread back.

I forgot to mention to get a trailer. When you started pushing you car and your tires to the limits, you will find those limits. This might mean that you have an off on the track. You might not be able to drive it home and have to get a tow. A couple of tows and you could have purchased an open trailer.

BTW, in March I have a pretty bad off at TWS. My advance trac went crazy and spun me out going into turn 4, twice the second time ended my weekend. I can't remember if I tried to make the turn the first time it happened. However, the second time I purposely held the wheel so I would go straight off the track. I ended spinning and in the ditch in front of the number 4 flag station. I have since removed the ABS module and replaced it with a racing ABS module that limits ABS and remove all Advance Trac.

I went back to TWS at the end of April and I just couldn't drive the car like I used to. There was a lot of suspension work that had to be done to realign the car and it didn't feel right to me. I just couldn't bring myself to push the car. I feel like Ricky Bobby right now. Any way here's a vid showing me being slow.

TWS CW NASA Racing S1 4:27:14 - YouTube

1 - 12 of 12 Posts