Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off I would like to thank OChallenger for all his help and answering all the dumb questions I probably had for him... LOL.

Here are the YouTube links to my 2009 SRT 6 speed with the SRT MAX PLUS cam installed by HalfFast Performance in Burlington Ontario Canada

·
Registered
261 Posts
Sounds amazing.. PM Sent

·
Registered
627 Posts
Sounds reall good bro

·
Registered
530 Posts
Sounds like a cam should...any idea how much you gained?

·
Registered
4,803 Posts
Interested in power gains as well, even though it won't fit my 5.7

·
Registered
321 Posts
I love it... like everyone has said.... Post Gains and how it feels for a daily driver... I would love to know:hungry:

·
Registered
15 Posts
I love the sound! Find out anything about the gains like the above folks asked?? What'd that set you back to have it purchased/installed?

·
Registered
120 Posts
After having my car for a few years now and looking at how crazy new car prices are getting... I am really wanting to do something like this. This would make her feel new again ;-) Sounds great man!! Would love a bit more information about it. Gains and how it feels for a daily driver. Good stuff man!

·
Premium Member
106 Posts
I would really like to put the SRT Max cam in mine. Haven't done much checking into it though. Is anything required other than the cam and a tuner?? I have Flowmaster exhaust and a CAI.

·
Registered
88 Posts
So now that you have had this cam in your car for a year now, any updates?

I am considering the same cam for my car.

How is the driveability?

how about mileage? I'm sure that it is worse but how much? My car is a daily driver but not a commutor, but still need to consider that to a certain degree.

Finally, how much are you enjoying it! have you had it to track?

Car sounds great!

·
Registered
398 Posts
I am also running the SRT Max Plus cam in my 2010 challenger srt8. It was a straight cam swap, kept the same pushrods and valve springs, but did change out the belt tensioner. I've put about 1k-2k miles and have had 0 issues. It does have a slight ghost idle whenever I'm coming to a stop, stays at around 1300-1700 rpm every now and then, and then it'll go back down. My mpg went from about 17city to about 13-14 depending on how heavy my foot is. Highway gets up to about 18mpg. Any other questions, I'll be happy to answer!

·
Registered
398 Posts
The power difference is night and day. In the higher rpm's my car pulls very hard compared to stock mods.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts