Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 227 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys i cant believe this but my 392 got stolen tonight. me and my wife were at a restaurant with friends and we came out and it was gone..... i about cried: ( i called the police and they wouldn't come out and took the report over the phone which i thought was dumb. and there was a security guard there too that didn't see anything . no glass broken or tools left anywhere so how can someone steal our cars without the key fob? i thought it would be hard to steal. im so bummed out right now i cant believe shes gone......

·
Registered
456 Posts
ahhh shit man Im sorry. I feel your pain.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Wow, bad news. Considering hidden dead switch on my 392.

Lemonade from lemons - new ones include Shaker, Hellcat & the Cuda' right (maybe Cuda')

Hope you're able to arrange equitable recovery from insurance settlement.

Good luck!

·
Registered
144 Posts
Wow, that sucks, I'd like to say that I hope they find it, but realistically, you're probably better off if you can get a new one. My understanding is the stolen ones never seem to be the same once recovered and repaired.

Reactions: Geno22

·
Premium Member
2,009 Posts
Aw man, that sucks. As others have said, you're probably better off if it's never recovered. Look at this like an opportunity to get a new one. It could have been worse, it could have been at gun point. Obviously taken by a pro.

Any details you want to share, like where you live, specifics about the car?

Keep us informed.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
How much in mods? Where did this happen? Any cameras around?

If I had to guess, work of a pro from was you've described. Specially if it was a manual.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
it was in a BJ's parking lot here in bakersfield,ca i went in and asked the manager about the cameras are only around the building and they dont go into the parking lot :/ the security guard told me he didnt see anything out of the ordinary. Then he said well i saw 2 kids on bikes eariler messing around . I highly doubt 2 dumb kids have the smarts to steal my car i told me which he agreed after i showed him my key fob. as far as mods i had couple grand i have brand new lowering springs i was going to put on but now i cant.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Aw man, that sucks. As others have said, you're probably better off if it's never recovered. Look at this like an opportunity to get a new one. It could have been worse, it could have been at gun point. Obviously taken by a pro.

Any details you want to share, like where you live, specifics about the car?

Keep us informed.

i live here in Bakersfield ,ca its a 2012 SRT8 pitch black no stripes License# 6XLC925 heres a pic of her

·
Premium Member
1,732 Posts
So sorry, man. That must be a horrible experience GULP

I was reading that a manual transmission is the best theft deterrent because only 9% of Americans can drive stick.

Maybe they were after your car...?

·
Registered
499 Posts
Damn. Sorry to hear that. This is always my fear when taking my car out. I only have an SXT, so thieves might not want mine as much as your car.

Whenever you get a replacement you should invest in a GPS tracker and a stater kill switch. You can't stop thieves if they tow your car, but you can find your car and make it hard for them to start your car. Good luck finding her

·
Registered
601 Posts
Two questions. The srt has a car alarm right? Or was it a core.

How can thieves even steal this without the fob? It not like they can "turn the key" with a screw driver? Do thieves now have some form of scanners that search for the fob code and simply open the door and press the button? This sounds like a serious issue if that's what they are doing now.

It sucks that there are so many scumbags out there that simply leach off of people that work hard for there money and property. God help the person if I ever catch someone trying to steal my car. That will end up being a major crime scene with a white chalk outline and I won't be the one in that outline. Then ill probably be the one in jail, his mom will be on the local news saying how "he was such a good boy", and my family will probably be sued. Yup, society is like a well oiled machine.

·
Registered
9,272 Posts
oh man that really sucks...sorry to hear...let us know how things turn out

·
Super Moderator
14,214 Posts
Sorry to hear about the loss of your Challenger.

Thieves, today, are getting more sophisticated and are becoming proficient hacking into computer software with laptops. To protect my SRT, I had a Ravelco anti-theft device installed. For peace of mind, it was the best $400 I ever spent. The Ravelco website gives a good discussion on various anti-theft devices and how thieves get around them.

Ravelco - Competition Page

·
Registered
477 Posts
Not repo'd right? Payments were current? Unfortunately phone reports are very common these days for property crimes...

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Sorry about your loss. Let us know how the whole process of getting a replacement works out (or if it's recovered). Like others have said, you can get a new one now!

1 - 20 of 227 Posts