Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2009 Challenger R/T was scheduled yesterday for the Timing Chain recall....I told my service writer to take their time with my car....do the job right the first time and be careful with the car....the service dept. at my dealership always treats my car with care.....I was told late yesterday that they needed more time to complete the job and that they require a special tool that went missing in the shop somewhere.....they will continue the work on Monday....in the meantime I have a Fiat 500 service loaner which is actually a pretty cool car !

·
Registered
131 Posts
I'm glad you guys had excellent service...at the Dodge Dealership I went to they wouldn't even let me back there once they drove my car into there lol

·
Registered
‘13 Challenger SRT 6M
2,817 Posts
Kinda of off subject, but they loaned you a Fiat? I would think, especially for a recall, that they should loan their customers the same or similar model car that's being serviced unless you of course asked for that thing.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
558 Posts
Kinda of off subject, but they loaned you a Fiat? I would think, especially for a recall, that they should loan their customers the same or similar model car that's being serviced unless you of course asked for that thing.

Not likely that dealers have Challenger loaners, no matter the service circumstance. Some dealers use rental companies, other may have a couple loaners, but I've found that less often over the last few years. I got an Avenger for my loaner from a dealer associated rental car office onsite, didn't need or expect much for the day and a half they had my car, just needed wheels.

·
Registered
‘13 Challenger SRT 6M
2,817 Posts
Not likely that dealers have Challenger loaners, no matter the service circumstance. Some dealers use rental companies, other may have a couple loaners, but I've found that less often over the last few years. I got an Avenger for my loaner from a dealer associated rental car office onsite, didn't need or expect much for the day and a half they had my car, just needed wheels.

Something comparable at least.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Yeah I got an Avenger from the onsite rental company while mine is in the shop. A few times ago I asked for Fiat 500c just to try it out. Horrible car. Glad I only had it two days.

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
I rented one of those Fiat's before in Vegas, that pedal stayed on the floor board at all times. It was screaming most of the time just to get out of the way, after a few minutes of winding up, it would go 80 on the freeway, if you had to brake for any reason, there you were, once again in everyone's way holding up traffic, floor boarded, screaming away.............. Nice enough car, but totally gutless.

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
so I got my Challenger back today - my dealer was finished with it yesterday by noon - however I could not get there in time.....they also detailed the car and under the hood....these guys are the best !....they gave me back my car with only 3 kms added....they also changed the oil and filter and replaced the coolant....they also told me they encountered guide/arm and timing chain collateral damage with a broken or seized bolt/nut that needed extraction and replacement...the engine runs without any issues and life is good again !

·
Premium Member
859 Posts
so I got my Challenger back today - my dealer was finished with it yesterday by noon - however I could not get there in time.....they also detailed the car and under the hood....these guys are the best !....they gave me back my car with only 3 kms added....they also changed the oil and filter and replaced the coolant....they also told me they encountered guide/arm and timing chain collateral damage with a broken or seized bolt/nut that needed extraction and replacement...the engine runs without any issues and life is good again !

Excellent car.When were these pictures taken?You have no snow there?

·
Registered
201 Posts
You guys are lucky…I've had 3 dealers tell me on the phone that they flat out won't give me a loaner for the recall…what BS.

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Excellent car.When were these pictures taken?You have no snow there?
no snow except for a few days earlier this year....it always turns to rain after a day or so.....some guys out here in the Pacific Northwest put their Challengers away from October to April but this car was meant to be driven and here in Lotusland it's my daily driver :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts