Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well, I finally got off the fence and dropped my car off at Magnuson on Monday to have their blower installed on my 2010 Challenger SRT8. I've been contemplating this for over a year now and can't wait to get the car back and feel the new power. I research all of my mods thoroughly before I make a move and the Magnacharger is the unit that fit the bill for me.

Here's what I wanted in a supercharger for my car:

1. Reliable power for both street and track action.
I race my cars and this one is also my daily driver so it needs to preform well in both areas. The HP and TQ gains are on par with all the other supercharger units available for our cars, and there are options to develop more power if you wish to go that route as well.

2. Proven parts and product development.
These guys spent a long time doing R&D and there's a reason so many companies use their stuff for factory and aftermarket packages. It doesn't hurt that the internal components in this unit are the same technology that GM uses in the 638hp Corvette ZR1 and the 550hp Cadillac CTS-V.

3. Customer support and company longevity/reputation.
Jerry Magnuson has over 30 years of experience supercharging motors, the company has been around since 1970, and theis R&D team has more than 60 years of combined experience. The company reps have really stepped up to the plate and have proven themselves to have solid customer support to back up their products. It's really important to a customer spending thousands on their car that the relationship with the company goes beyond the initial transaction and I like what I've seen from them.

4. Good looks.
Everyone wants to be able to pop the hood at a car show and be proud of their investment, and the Magnacharger certainly gives you something to be proud of. It looks great in both the polished version for some bling, or the black for a more menacing look. The design is well executed and looks like it could be a factory installed unit.

5. EMISSIONS LEGAL.
I can't tell you how big this is to me. To my knowledge, this is the ONLY company that has stepped up to the plate and has been CARB certified and is 50 state legal. This is huge for us guys that live in sunny California. I have had other units on my other cars and luckily I didn't keep them long enough to ever have to get them smogged, but I plan on keeping this Challenger for a long time and I want more power to play with. Another thing worth considering is the fact that in CA, if a cop really wants to give you a hard time they can write you a ticket for any performance modification on your car that you don't have a CARB sticker for. It's can be a rare occurrence, but it does happen. My cousin got a ticket for his K&N CAI on his Magnum R/T because he didn't have the CARB sticker for it and it was a big pain for him to get straightened out.

All of these requirements added up to one unit for me and it's the Magnacharger. I'll let you guys know how things go and how the car performs after I get it back. My plan is to try and take it to Willow Springs with the Hotchkis guys in early March and see what the combo of the Magnacharger and the Hotchkis TVS can do on the track.

Here's a couple of pics from when I dropped it off.

________
Live Sex

·
Banned
7,566 Posts
Awesome man. Welcome to the club. Drove my car to work today and I gotta tell ya it really puts a big smile on your face when that boost kicks on.

·
Registered
762 Posts
That red on black looks sharp. That is so much better than Black strips on red. And I hope this build will turn out good for you. Please keep us posted.

·
Premium Member
8,295 Posts
Very nice Kenny, you will love it!

·
Premium Member
81 Posts
Anxious to see how it turns out and how you like it. Although it will probably turn out awesome and you'll probably love it, just anxious because I'm thinking of this route too. Good luck and congrats!

·
Premium Member
09 RT Challenger auto
3,467 Posts
Welcome to the boost club. Its a night and day diffrence. Soon as you stomp the pedal you will know its there. Big smiles.
CARB legal there is others,,, KB just got theres I think, Vortech is 50 state, more and more are going that direction.
Good Luck Be Safe.
FT

·
Registered
254 Posts
Congrats! I just passed 6000 miles being blown and I still love every minute of it.

·
Registered
298 Posts
congrats! I hope to get blown soon too!:bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
867 Posts
Congratulations , Welcome to the family.

·
Premium Member
659 Posts
You should be very pleased with the loss of traction you are about to experience lol. I was there on Monday as well dropping off mine for a little issue I am having and sorry we didn't meet up. Enjoy!

HOT ROD ON

·
Premium Member
5,634 Posts
Hell Yeah KWS!!! I will be in So Cal in three weeks hope to see it.

·
Administrator
2009 Challenger R/T
8,919 Posts
Congrats on the build and looking forward to seeing your BadAzz ride when I visit SoCal for Spring Fest 6 :guiness:

·
Registered
35 Posts
Good for you, The day i pick up my car from dealer i thought there was no way i'd ever get use to power the car had. 6 months later i'm reserching heads cams turbos crate motors and superchargers. The supercharger seemed to fit the bill for the goals i had as well. I pulled trigger on edelbrock kit yesterday & i'm going to install myself. This kit is CA smog as well.

·
Premium Member
5,634 Posts
MPC I will hit you up in the next week to let you know my arrival date. I want to see ur Hot Rod ya better order some big tires for the back hint..... Ur gonna need them KWS!

·
Premium Member
227 Posts
Congrats on your blower. I just ordered my build today from Hennessey.

I looked up those Foose wheels and they are sick. Going to be a killer ride, not that it isn't already.

Congrats again.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts