Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I was scared to open up this thread, but i'm glad i did. Love it!
My first Click Bait... lol I figured youtubers get away with it.

Shouldn’t the one that doesn’t leak go on top?
So true. Thank God for drip trays lol. Since I restored my Cuda mechanically I still get the infamous chrysler small block rear main seal leak and thats after doing that dam two piece seal two times...

I'm surprised nobody has made a fuss about posting pics of ones license plates yet.
That always makes me giggle. 😄

Sweet stack of cars. 👍
Thanks and yes I always laugh when people put their thumbs over the license plates or pixel them out. Give me a break. Do people like that take their plates off when they park in a parking lot... If someone wants my car that bad and feel jail is a worthy risk or if they want to meet my two best friends (Smith and Wesson) then come and get em. I will just use the insurance money to by something different and start a new project or get some free target practice in. They are only cars... They can be replaced or fixed.

·
Premium Member
605 Posts
I have been keeping my 2016 Shaker on top because it doesn't leak. The down side is the time and effort to get it out for a drive is the main reason it only has 6,900 miles on it. So this winter I started keeping my 1957 Fiesta on the lift as I plan to start putting more miles on the Shaker this summer and having to take 2 cars out of the garage lower the lift back the Challenger of the lift then put 2 cars back in the garage makes the quick fun drive when the weather is nice a real pain.

·
Registered
2020 Shelby GT350
555 Posts
I wish I had been smart enough to have gone with an extra high garage when I had my house built...😒

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yeah the 4 post has its positives and negatives. A swing arm lift would be so much more useful for wrenching but for additional car storage the 4 post is a win win. It was the best $2500 I ever spent.

I wish I had been smart enough to have gone with an extra high garage when I had my house built...😒
I actually have a single car garage attached to the house but always dreamed of an oversized two car in the back of my house. I built a 24x32 with a loft for storage at the rear and a staircase hinged that lowers with a winch. If you have some available property it will be a worthy investment that will make any car guy smile.

·
Registered
2019 Sublime Shaker, 2010 Plum Crazy R/T Classic, 2010 Detonator Yellow R/T Classic
2,035 Posts
I love my lift (and my Challengers), but it can be a pain to drive the one on the lift for sure! I have a car underneath and more in the driveway behind that one! First world problems lol...

·
Super Moderator
15,437 Posts
Nice to see a Challenger with the proper exhaust tips... I wish they made these for the 2.75" exhaust.
I always wondered why Dodge didn't replicate the 1970 Challenger exhaust tips on the new retro-inspired version. Instead, they used the 'Cuda exhaust tips.

·
Banned
295 Posts
I always wondered why Dodge didn't replicate the 1970 Challenger exhaust tips on the new retro-inspired version. Instead, they used the 'Cuda exhaust tips.
At least offer them for purchase. Mopar makes/made them for the older 2.25" exhaust, but not for 2.75" 50th Anniversary. I wonder if a set can be modified to work with the larger exhaust? At $269.00 per set, it's a gamble.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Beautiful cars and better set up. I have been considering a 4 post lift for some time, but can't seem to pull the trigger.
What are your ceiling heights and the height of the top car?
What 4 post lifts are you using?
Jim

1 - 20 of 25 Posts