Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let me explain, went to the dealer near me for oil changes for my then 2015 sps all in 79.95 plus tax. Ordered 2019 sp widebody, delivered October, 3000 miles on it. So in I go, and service writer tells me you will need an SRT oil change. I did not ask what was that, after all they were going to go over the car and check air in the tires. that would be 139.95 plus tax. I did not care, I had a secret weapon in my pocket. Half hour later he says your all done, and I say oh by the way, this is my 5th oil change, its FREE. He had no choice but to honor it. That's the latest scam, that's why some refer to them as stealerships.

·
Registered
5,293 Posts
Sorry but I don't get the "5th" oil change? Is there a free oil change promotion or was it negotiated with your widebody purchase? You said your widebody had 3000 miles...how could it be your 5th oil change already?

·
Premium Member
246 Posts
Sorry but I don't get the "5th" oil change? Is there a free oil change promotion or was it negotiated with your widebody purchase? You said your widebody had 3000 miles...how could it be your 5th oil change already?
I have to agree, much like my when my teenage daughters are talking, I have no idea what is going on here.

·
Premium Member
1,076 Posts
Almost $ 140.00 for an oil change?
Let me know where that place is so I can drive by, and not stop in.

Oil change for my HELLCAT doesn't cost that much.

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
I have to agree, much like my when my teenage daughters are talking, I have no idea what is going on here.

Lol! I know what you mean there! when I bought my 2013 R/T new I negotiated about 4 or 5 free oil changes with the purchase of the car. But even now I always tell them, look, I just want the oil changed, and I want you to use the SRT filter that is sitting in the passenger seat. I don't want the tires rotated, I don't want the fuel injectors cleaned, I don't want the car washed! usually $45 dollars and an hour later or so I'm outa there. (Still running Dino oil in my 5.7...yeah....I know...)

I mean $140 bucks for an oil change that oil better be made outa liquid gold!

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
How many quarts of oil is that for and which brand/weight?:dunno:
Isn't it easier and more cost effective to change the oil and filter yourself? Or is there something in the way to gain access to oil pan and oil filter?

·
Registered
9,051 Posts
Let me explain, went to the dealer near me for oil changes for my then 2015 sps all in 79.95 plus tax. Ordered 2019 sp widebody, delivered October, 3000 miles on it. So in I go, and service writer tells me you will need an SRT oil change. I did not ask what was that, after all they were going to go over the car and check air in the tires. that would be 139.95 plus tax. I did not care, I had a secret weapon in my pocket. Half hour later he says your all done, and I say oh by the way, this is my 5th oil change, its FREE. He had no choice but to honor it. That's the latest scam, that's why some refer to them as stealerships.
"SRT" Oil Change should have been done on your first SP. Same engines!

Shadey friggin' dealer. Wonder what they were doing with your first car?????

·
Registered
969 Posts
Not much difference in an oil change process from a v6 to a scat pack. I can understand the hellcat takes more oil as it has oil coolers and such, but take the current price of oil that you can get from walmart for $25 5 qrt jug, plus labor....$140 isnt that bad.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Not much difference in an oil change process from a v6 to a scat pack. I can understand the hellcat takes more oil as it has oil coolers and such, but take the current price of oil that you can get from walmart for $25 5 qrt jug, plus labor....$140 isnt that bad.
That's just trippy man!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So anyway my bad, guess I really need to be clear. I had my scat pack shaker 2015 oil changes done at this dealer. They were synthetic oil changes, pennzoil oil srt filters, and the charge was 79.95. Sometimes you will get a card to be punched for a free oil change. This particular dealer does every 5th oil change FREE. So, I go to the same dealer this year with my 2019 scat pack widebody. I guess they need to reinvent the oil change, or they are greedy, or they need money. The service writer says an SRT oil change is 139.95, same motor as my 2015 scat pack, same amount of oil and same filter. To his surprise, this would be my 5th oil change, and it would be free. My point was last year 2018 79.95, this year 2019 widebody 139.95 and that's why sometimes they are called stealerships.

·
Registered
969 Posts
So anyway my bad, guess I really need to be clear. I had my scat pack shaker 2015 oil changes done at this dealer. They were synthetic oil changes, pennzoil oil srt filters, and the charge was 79.95. Sometimes you will get a card to be punched for a free oil change. This particular dealer does every 5th oil change FREE. So, I go to the same dealer this year with my 2019 scat pack widebody. I guess they need to reinvent the oil change, or they are greedy, or they need money. The service writer says an SRT oil change is 139.95, same motor as my 2015 scat pack, same amount of oil and same filter. To his surprise, this would be my 5th oil change, and it would be free. My point was last year 2018 79.95, this year 2019 widebody 139.95 and that's why sometimes they are called stealerships.

Now THAT sounds shady...

Merica baby

·
Registered
463 Posts
What kind of oil they using...red line signature series?!
They were synthetic oil changes, pennzoil oil srt filters XD
Has it been the same person when paying every oil change, I'm just guessing there just trying to get more since it's a new car. Has it always been called SRT oil change?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

1 - 15 of 15 Posts