Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All! I wanted to share the Wife's new ride. We need some help on wheel sizes. I wanna go 22's but not sure how to tell which one's will clear the brembo's. what is the base line offset? any other guidelines I should know before I order? Advice Please!

·
Registered
358 Posts
Leave it stock !! Car looks great the way it is. It's been engineered for 20's. Change it and you'll mess up the dynamics.

·
Registered
683 Posts
Indeed, the 20s are fine. Use the money instead to buy yourself a CR spotless because you will need it to keep that black car clean.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Leave it stock !! Car looks great the way it is. It's been engineered for 20's. Change it and you'll mess up the dynamics.
Thanks Guys! I got to drive it today (after 5 days of owning it.....)(she keeps the roads hot!) I was very impressed! I am a Corvette restorer by trade and drive a 2010 Ram. I LOVE the new Dodge product!!! We decided on a set of 20's by Boss (Black Pearl) The offset is +35mm. They are not a deep dish wheel. I think they will work do Ya'll? 8.5x20, 265/35/20 with the +35mm? I'll take all the advice I can get! THX!

·
Registered
3,733 Posts
Damn, you beat me. I only got my wife a Mopar 10 Challenger. You had to up me by getting your wife an SRT!!!! Damn you sir!!! :badrazz:

·
Premium Member
2,629 Posts
Damn nice car......just so you know the stock srt8 rims are 20x9 ......your ordered tires are also shorter (less diameter) than your stock tires so your speedo is going to be off (about 4.8%) and your wheel well gap increased

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
I like the 20s. But my favorite is still the 2006 concept that had 20s on the front and 21s on the back--if that were possible that's what I'd do.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Damn nice car......just so you know the stock srt8 rims are 20x9 ......your ordered tires are also shorter (less diameter) than your stock tires so your speedo is going to be off (about 4.8%) and your wheel well gap increased
Your Right! (haven't ordered yet) I'm number dizzy from scanning all the threads!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I like the 20s. But my favorite is still the 2006 concept that had 20s on the front and 21s on the back--if that were possible that's what I'd do.
I really concidered that but I wanna be able to rotate'em. It's a daily driver.

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
If you go with 20" wheels, I'd suggest that you put, at least, 10" wide wheels on the rear.

So, 8.5" to 9" wheels on the front, 10" to 11" wheels on the rear. Nice!:bigthumb::bigthumb:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts