Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Looks like a 69 with the 350 V8.

Not much in the way of collector value but one hell of a beautiful ride when restored on a modern drive train. Nice grab.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Looks like a 69 with the 350 V8.

Not much in the way of collector value but one hell of a beautiful ride when restored on a modern drive train. Nice grab.
Not everyone does this to "collect"...How many classic muscle cars do you own? :smile:

Looks like an original manual trans car! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Not everyone does this to "collect"...How many classic muscle cars do you own? :smile:

Looks like an original manual trans car! :thumbsup:
At the moment? Four. They were not classics or "collectable" when I bought them though. I guess that makes me an antique these days.

I bought my 67 Firebird because I wanted to drive it until the wheels fell off. So far I've done that twice. I'd rather have a driver over a garage queen anyway. That was the point of my comment. :wink3:

·
Registered
3,504 Posts
That needs a genuine Pontiac motor and nothing else

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: silver scat

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts
Wow! Love the Pontiacs. How exciting. Please let us know your plans. Color, drive train etc. How far you gonna go?
Good luck!!!

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks guys.....
I am a Pontiac guy at heart..
I own a 1979 10th Anniversary Trans Am with a Pontiac 455 HO in it.
and a 1979 Trans Am that is currently undergoing a frame off job.... going LS/6 speed Pro Touring
This 69 was indeed a manual car.... Carousel Red etc. It now houses a 350 Chevy auto trans, 12 bolt rear with 4.11s which all has to go :)
My plans are a Pro Touring 69 Trans Am tribute build.... White/blue... Haven't quite decided on powerplant yet but it will be either LS or a big Pontiac. 400/ 4 speed would be nice.
For now I just want to get it running and drivable to enjoy while I finish up my other 79.one of the previous owners did a total hack job on the dash wiring so I have been spending all my time trying to get lights, brake lights etc working again.

·
Registered
978 Posts
Nice! I have always had a soft spot for Firebirds, first gen especially. I had a 77 back in my high school days, miss that car. Good luck with the build!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
17,972 Posts
Congratulations ;) I too was a Pontiac guy, not that I regret being a MOPAR guy now :)

A Guy

·
Registered
418 Posts
I'm a gear head car guy. I love old any brand hot cars. A Butler built 461/474 crate engine w/all accessorie's and a Tremec TR6060 would be awesome in da'bird to me. Any '65,66,67 Mustang....66 Chevy II....Any GOAT....BOSS 429 Mustang(I'm dreamin' here)....Charger 500...AMX 390/4 speed....64 Impala "409"/4 speed....63 Max Wedge Plymouth....AAR Cuda....69 Road Runner..................and list goes on.
Our Challenger's come close to the old school muscle. I know they handle, stop, cruise,go better. But they don't sound like the old ones. That raspy exhaust, the hood shaking as the 2 Carter's open up...........I better stop here. Starting to get the "go buy a old muscle car" shakes.

Old Skhool Rules!!!!

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Thanks guys.....
I am a Pontiac guy at heart..
I own a 1979 10th Anniversary Trans Am with a Pontiac 455 HO in it.
and a 1979 Trans Am that is currently undergoing a frame off job.... going LS/6 speed Pro Touring
This 69 was indeed a manual car.... Carousel Red etc. It now houses a 350 Chevy auto trans, 12 bolt rear with 4.11s which all has to go :)
My plans are a Pro Touring 69 Trans Am tribute build.... White/blue... Haven't quite decided on powerplant yet but it will be either LS or a big Pontiac. 400/ 4 speed would be nice.
For now I just want to get it running and drivable to enjoy while I finish up my other 79.one of the previous owners did a total hack job on the dash wiring so I have been spending all my time trying to get lights, brake lights etc working again.
Sounds like we’ll be seeing you on the Power Tour! Good luck!

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
Bought myself a Christmas present...... Took the long haul from the east coast and wouldn't you know... we had to get snow. A lot of work to do on her but she will be fun..

Delivery on the 23rd...
Untitled by Jeff, on Flickr

Thawing out next to Mrs. P
Nice looking '69. While I love vintage Muscle Cars (I have one) I'm liking your PCP Challenger sitting next to it... Any more pics of the Challenger? What's the story on your Dodge?

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
If you're going to be into GM muscle-cars, I've always been a fan of "Anything but a Chevy" MO. Everything that Chevy did (except for the Corvette), Buick, Pontiac and Olds did with more style.

All you have to do is look at the Firebird, GTO, 442, GSX.

Even in the 80's. Would you rather have a Monte Carlo SS, or a GNX?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts