Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Premium Member
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In January I ordered a 2014er Challenger at my local dealer in Switzerland.
The dealer said that Challengers will be built in February and April.
As the February production was already booked, my car should be produced in April.

In early April I asked my local dealer for the exact production date.
He then said that actually the Challengers are produced which should have been produced in December ...
Today he told me that the production of the Challenger has been stopped due to problems.

Does anyone know whether this statement is correct?

·
Premium Member
10,047 Posts
If there was a production stoppage it would be posted here so I say it's not true. All the members here waiting on cars are getting them all along.

·
Premium Member
4,364 Posts
Production stopped... not that I have heard. I know of a friends car that is right now being built.

·
Super Moderator
16,633 Posts
Its likely more a matter of when dealers need to get their orders in and the allocations available.

2014 model year is planned like this:

Last day of production for '14 SRT Challenger: May 30th, 2014

Last day of production for '14 SXT and R/T models: July 4th 2014

http://www.challengertalk.com/forums/f5/2015-challenger-information-thread-98814/

Now that we're mid-way through April, the window of time to order a '14 model is getting pretty close...

With the recently announced lease program (allows swapping your '14 Challenger, Charger for '15 at same rate), there may be some more demand for '14s since there will be a lag until the '15 models get underway during 21st of July...

·
Registered
15,850 Posts
Last day of production for '14 SRT Challenger: May 30th, 2014
And that would be for the Satin Vapor Edition SRT only, production of the standard SRT and Core is already over.

·
Premium Member
10,047 Posts
If his car was ordered in January it still should be built.

·
Registered
15,850 Posts
Yeah something doesn't sound right unless export cars are different.

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
In January I ordered a 2014er Challenger at my local dealer in Switzerland.
The dealer said that Challengers will be built in February and April.
As the February production was already booked, my car should be produced in April.

In early April I asked my local dealer for the exact production date.
He then said that actually the Challengers are produced which should have been produced in December ...
Today he told me that the production of the Challenger has been stopped due to problems.

Does anyone know whether this statement is correct?
Challengers are still rolling off the end of the line as of today , so I call BS on this
:pillepalle:

·
Premium Member
10,047 Posts
Just because you see no progress when you look doesn't mean nothing has happened since. They don't update it in real time. When I ordered cars in the past hour ordered them and waited for the phone call, no word in between.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Just because you see no progress when you look doesn't mean nothing has happened since. They don't update it in real time. When I ordered cars in the past hour ordered them and waited for the phone call, no word in between.
Understood.. but I had dealer confirmation as of yesterday that it was in I status and I believe those are more up to date than VOTS. None the less, it would be nice if it is out and just not updated yet.

·
Premium Member
4,364 Posts
So.... How many cases of beer to walk down to final inspection and grease the wheel... and get my SRT packed up and moving.
:):):)

LOL.... Brampton Builder is the guy to know.

Reactions: brampton builder

·
Premium Member
10,047 Posts
Understood.. but I had dealer confirmation as of yesterday that it was in I status and I believe those are more up to date than VOTS. None the less, it would be nice if it is out and just not updated yet.
If it makes you feel better my car showed up over a week earlier than the date the dealer was told it would. Hope you get yours soon.

·
Registered
105 Posts
If it makes you feel better my car showed up over a week earlier than the date the dealer was told it would. Hope you get yours soon.
My estimated was 4/10.
But it makes me feel a little better...haha.

I am just messing around for the most part... but kind of seriously getting the shakes. No kidding I had a dream last night that VOTs said shipped.... but alas, it was still in final inspection today. =(

Stupid dream...

·
Premium Member
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
new week --> new hope...

@ brampton bulider
If you see in Brampton a:

- Challenger SRT 392
- Bright white
- with black stripes
- 6 speed manual
- without sunroof
- with km/h °C Gauges
- Black Vapor Chrome

please contact me!!! :)

·
Registered
2014 SRT Core
10,437 Posts
new week --> new hope...

@ brampton bulider
If you see in Brampton a:

- Challenger SRT 392
- Bright white
- with black stripes
- 6 speed manual
- without sunroof
- with km/h °C Gauges
- Black Vapor Chrome

please contact me!!! :)
Contact SRT direct and/or maybe Dodge assistance and push for an answer as to where your order is. Last spring I ordered a 2013 Hemi Orange SRT, when production was getting near the near the end and I still hadn't been sent an email about VOTS for my car, I began contacting first Dodge assistance and then SRT. Nobody could tell me what was exactly wrong with my order, only that it was on delay, but don't worry your car will be built. Well I contacted them a few more times all the way until production was over for the 2013's, then they told me my order had been canceled (it wasn't by me), then they told me it wasn't canceled but I was getting a 2014 Header Orange (not what I ordered). Long story short I ended up with a 2014 Torred SRT, nice car just not what I ordered and about six months late. So I say get on them before it's too late unless you want a 2015. Good luck.

·
Premium Member
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Contact SRT direct and/or maybe Dodge assistance and push for an answer as to where your order is. ........ Good luck.

Thanks for your input!

first, sorry for my bad english, i hope you understand what i mean

I can not contact SRT because:
I do not know who finally ordered my car
The problem is this, in Switzerland we have no Dodge dealers, there are no Challengers officially to buy
We need to order these cars at a special importer in Switzerland.
This importer ordered the car with one or more wholesalers or middlemen.
I don't know exactly
So I don't know who finally ordered my car by Dodge...

1 - 20 of 48 Posts