Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Man what a nightmare I've been having with my new 430. I bought a new 430 from Oemautopartsco and a lockpick v5 from GPS radar on Amazon. The Lockpick V5 kept knocking off my IPOD offline every minute or so. So I exchanged for a CHR550. Go to have it installed and now I get no radio or can't even start my car for some reason. I'm having no luck with these Coastal Tech products. All I wanted was a backup camera and my stuff to work as normal. Is there a alternative to Coastal Tech Lockpicks ?

·
Premium Member
411 Posts
If the CANBUS speed is not correct on the radio (or I would assume the Lockpick) you will encounter the problems described. It sounds like your installer is not reading the directions. With the CHR550 you might find that the rear cam image is very dark unless there has been an update. It is an easy fix but it requires cutting and soldering of wires.
At the very least, image quality notwithstanding, everything should work. Unfortunately if you can't DIY you are kind of stuck. When I was installing my CHR550 I called Costal and they got back to me every time and talked me through the process to get my setup working.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts