Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a MyGig 730n RHR that originally came out of a 2012 SRT. I've used it in a 2013 SXT, 2012 RT, and a 2014 RT. My 2014 RT was stolen, wrecked, and totaled, but the insurance company would only go by the VIN. Since the insurance agent never added it and the leather I had installed, I got hosed. At least I was able to pull RHR out, but before I did, I completely tested it, and it all worked fine. I bought a 2015 RT, which was already equipped with the 8.4 Uconnect system, so I'd like to find a new home for the RHR. All I have is the unit, no cables. There is a good tutorial in the forums about up-grading to the RHR. I'd like to get $600(PayPal only) shipped, but we might be able to negotiate.

·
Registered
2015 SRT392 A8 in white pearl coat
1,352 Posts
I have a MyGig 730n RHR that originally came out of a 2012 SRT. I've used it in a 2013 SXT, 2012 RT, and a 2014 RT. My 2014 RT was stolen, wrecked, and totaled.
Just curious, how did this happen? Did you leave your keys in the car?
Gary

·
Premium Member
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's kinda a long story, but basically a guy claiming to be a relative of some neighbors that used to live across the street showed up asking if I could help him charge his cell phone. He gave a name that I remembered from 5-6 years ago. I didn't recognize him, but then I hadn't seen some of these younger kids in quite a while. I live in a semi-rural area, so there's not a lot of people living any closer than several hundred yards. I let him in the door and we tried to charge his phone, but couldn't get it to work. We started talking about the rock cutting and polishing equipment that I have, and then his buddy showed up to see if he was able to get his phone charged. While I was distracted the first guy "Cory" had snagged my key fob hanging by the front door. He stepped outside to have a cigarette while I was talking to the second guy. All the sudden I hear my car start up, I open the front door to see him taking off in my car. I looked at the second guy and said "the son of a ***** is stealing may car!" He plays dumb and says "no way." I get my cell and cal 911. He got out to the main highway and proceeded to lead the Forrest County Deputies on a high speed chase. They clocked him doing better than 130MPH. Hell the fastest I'd had it was about 95MPH. He turned off onto a side street and they got him boxed in, but he decided to take them head on. It just destroyed the whole driver side ripped the front wheel completely off. It also damaged the engine cradle, the repair estimate was about $19,800, so the insurance company totaled it.

·
Registered
2015 SRT392 A8 in white pearl coat
1,352 Posts
Wow. What a sad story. Glad you had full coverage insurance on the car. Hope the ins. co. gave you what it was actually worth and that you didn't get too terribly "hosed" on the value of the car (not including the leather).
Just curious, you said you added leather... I'm assuming from an aftermarket source. What did that set you back?

Gary

·
Premium Member
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm bumping this up. I still have this unit for a great price of $500 shipped. My search online finds these units going for $625-$750. I'm not gonna wait very long before I list this on eBay. As cool as the new units are, I miss the option of being able to load a CD or DVD in.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts