Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at installing a CHR550 in my '10 R/T w/ the 730N w/ nav. My question is this... I currently have nav but do not want to pay the fee to have them updated when I have perfectly good ones available on my iphone and ipad w/ data packages. Is it possible to run the google maps apps on the screen with the CHR550? If so, am I stuck listening to only the maps app directions or can I also run music from the phone in the background or the stock radio? Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
253 Posts
Yes, you can. Takes a little tweaking from the phone side to mirror out the screen.

Watch this video starting at 4:12. Walks you through it on the CHR550.

·
Registered
132 Posts
The one thing, however, is that the iPhone 5 and iPad 4 and higher do not support video out via the lightning connector. You can still use a 30 pin to lightning adaptor to connect your iDevice and control audio from the steering wheel, etc. But, the mirroring will not work.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The one thing, however, is that the iPhone 5 and iPad 4 and higher do not support video out via the lightning connector. You can still use a 30 pin to lightning adaptor to connect your iDevice and control audio from the steering wheel, etc. But, the mirroring will not work.
I'm so glad that you said this.. Although I currently have a 4s and iPad 2 with the 30 pin connection, I will likely be upgrading both within the next year. This is a deal breaker for me as it wouldn't make much sense to pay a data fee for an additional device simply to use it in the car.. I guess I should have read the fine print a little closer on the lockpic website. I'm pretty disappointed that they have not found a workaround to be compatible with the next generation apple products. I wonder if someone has tried to develop something similar to the Apple TV that would allow wireless or bluetooth transfer of video from the phone to the system..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts